Housing

Houses are just too expensive to buy and that's down to supply and demand. We aren't going to solve the problem by building more private houses because people with more money than first time buyers will buy the new houses first.

Council houses need to be built and on top of that no right to buy, bring back a proper direct works and keep the rents cheap.
The no right to buy I agree with unless you actually build one for everyone sold, which is never going to happen. The whole thing is a shit show and I don’t see how it will get better, build more houses lack of skills, brickies etc can name their price driving up costs, what about all the polish brickies well they’ve fucked off! I wonder if things like prefabs could be an answer, I just went to wales for a weekend in a holiday home static caravan or wherever they are called, no the ain’t the biggest but you could get at least a couple with one kid in (I’m thinking social housing here) or single parent with two kids. It’s a start, you could buy up land and get loads of these on, they aren’t anywhere near as expensive as normal houses and would be realistically speaking easy to setup, services would be easy to integrate. Lots of things like this were done after WW2 and we’re been used 40 years later! A roof over their heads somewhere warm it’s better than shifted around the place I would think.

The no right to buy I agree with unless you actually build one for everyone sold, which is never going to happen. The whole thing is a shit show and I don’t see how it will get better, build more houses lack of skills, brickies etc can name their price driving up costs, what about all the polish brickies well they’ve fucked off! I wonder if things like prefabs could be an answer, I just went to wales for a weekend in a holiday home static caravan or wherever they are called, no the ain’t the biggest but you could get at least a couple with one kid in (I’m thinking social housing here) or single parent with two kids. It’s a start, you could buy up land and get loads of these on, they aren’t anywhere near as expensive as normal houses and would be realistically speaking easy to setup, services would be easy to integrate. Lots of things like this were done after WW2 and we’re been used 40 years later! A roof over their heads somewhere warm it’s better than shifted around the place I would think.
You mean a development of trailer trash? great.

The prefabs in C on M were riddled with damp and vermin/cockroaches. Dunno about the ones in Wythenshawe but most were demolished as far as I know.

We need mass council house building to catch up with over 40 years of pathetic failure.

There's around about a dwelling for every 2 people in England, a lot of the problems we are facing is because the nuclear family unit was frowned on and it died a death.

Seems like everyone wants to live alone or live as a transient couple needing the flexibility to up roots whenever, we will never be able to account for the human condition being what it is.

Anyone who remembers on the buses will remember how people genuinely needed (Not necessarily wanted to) share, multi generational families under one roof.

this is 3 miles from where I live. Its been common knowledge locally the lack of investment in the facility was designed to make it fail inspection so that the site could be redeveloped. Its in a beautiful location with views right across the land to Roseberry Topping - This is what happens when you put care in private hands - this is why 5 bed exec homes get built in an area crying out for affordable homes.

Houses are just too expensive to buy and that's down to supply and demand. We aren't going to solve the problem by building more private houses because people with more money than first time buyers will buy the new houses first.

Council houses need to be built and on top of that no right to buy, bring back a proper direct works and keep the rents cheap.

Agree completely, and foreign investors buying up empty properties and keeping them empty is also a big problem. We need some kind of use it or lose it law when it comes to places like that, it’d be great to allow the luxury of people buying and sitting on properties but it’s a luxury we can’t afford as a society right now.

That is also a good argument for a Land Value Tax as well but that’s a whole different discussion.

this is 3 miles from where I live. Its been common knowledge locally the lack of investment in the facility was designed to make it fail inspection so that the site could be redeveloped. Its in a beautiful location with views right across the land to Roseberry Topping - This is what happens when you put care in private hands - this is why 5 bed exec homes get built in an area crying out for affordable homes.

Around the corner from us the couple knocked two house into one, so a huge 4 bedroom detached, the sold it last year and a company that house troubled kids has bought it, they are going to house 6 in there with 24 hour supervision, it’s caused uproar as these places are known to bring shit with them, police there all the time etc, the company won’t give a shit and house prices will drop, however had the tories not cut services to the then these private companies wouldn’t be doing this.

Last edited:
You mean a development of trailer trash? great.

The prefabs in C on M were riddled with damp and vermin/cockroaches. Dunno about the ones in Wythenshawe but most were demolished as far as I know.

We need mass council house building to catch up with over 40 years of pathetic failure.
I’m talking temporarily pal whilst the get houses built not as a long term home. I bet you could get one for £50k it’s better than sticking them in a hotel or some privately rented dump. How long do you think it would take to build 2 million houses for the council? Would this slow private building? Like I said where is all the skills coming from to do this, builders etc will go to the highest bidder further inflating costs.

Around the corner from us the couple knocked two house into one, so a huge 4 bedroom detached, the sold it last year and a company that house troubled kids has bought it, they are going to house 6 in there with 24 hour supervision, it’s caused uproar as these places are known to bring shit with them, police there all the time etc, the company won’t huge a shit and house prices will drop, however had the tories not cut services to the then these private companies wouldn’t be doing this.

also that site is huge so my guess is its 10 homes now rising to 40 over time - it can accommodate. And just to be clear this doesn't directly impact me but its the wrong homes in the wrong place and meanwhile the remaining residents are displaced and the care staff are jobless

I’m talking temporarily pal whilst the get houses built not as a long term home. I bet you could get one for £50k it’s better than sticking them in a hotel or some privately rented dump. How long do you think it would take to build 2 million houses for the council? Would this slow private building? Like I said where is all the skills coming from to do this, builders etc will go to the highest bidder further inflating costs.
Like I said it's years of pathetic failure...........it isn't being fixed properly anytime soon no matter what Labour say.

Can I have a caravan near St Ives? Ta

Around the corner from us the couple knocked two house into one, so a huge 4 bedroom detached, the sold it last year and a company that house troubled kids has bought it, they are going to house 6 in there with 24 hour supervision, it’s caused uproar as these places are known to bring shit with them, police there all the time etc, the company won’t huge a shit and house prices will drop, however had the tories not cut services to the then these private companies wouldn’t be doing this.

By troubled children I assume you mean children cared for by the local authority?

Any NIMBYs kicking off about such matters can go fuck themselves.

About 10% of children in care live in residential settings.

They have to be discreetly located in housing estates in order to protect the children from abusive parents or predatory nonces.

Even secure children's homes that have their addresses disclosed online, are located in housing estates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.