Houssem Aouar

Id love to have him in the squad, I know we have thrown in Luiz and so forth as replacements for Fernandinho but Aouar would be a superb signing. Gundo can drop into a deeper spot if we wanted to rest Rodri.

Don't see any need at all, why would we drop Gundogan deeper when he has been so effective this season. Doubt we would spend £50 mill at this time in a position we don't need to strengthen.

Don't see any need at all, why would we drop Gundogan deeper when he has been so effective this season. Doubt we would spend £50 mill at this time in a position we don't need to strengthen.

Thing is, Kev's not getting any younger and has picked up a few injuries, Ilkay's a year older and has looked in great shape for a while but I don't know how long we can bank on that and Phil's immediate future doesn't lie in midfield.

If Fernandinho is about to leave then I'd much rather we sign someone more defensive minded but I think there's space for Aouar.

Perfect player to rotate with and eventually take over gundogan, he is a proper player, said it in another thread, I had the feeling we were in for him when all the talk was about him going to arsenal, his chairman mentioned something about a longer term transfer, I reckon this was tied up last season but pep didn't think he needed him then ,hope we do get him

Thing is, Kev's not getting any younger and has picked up a few injuries, Ilkay's a year older and has looked in great shape for a while but I don't know how long we can bank on that and Phil's immediate future doesn't lie in midfield.

If Fernandinho is about to leave then I'd much rather we sign someone more defensive minded but I think there's space for Aouar.
I can see that, but think with the Covid impact, Kevin has at least 2 more years, Gundogan at least 1 more and Bernardo and though not immediately Foden a few years,think Foden will move into a more central role at some point. Think our budget will be impacted and we have other priorities in Fernadinho and Aguero replacements. We also have at least another year to see how the likes of Mcatee and Palmer develop. Plus squad nunbers.

Perfect player to rotate with and eventually take over gundogan, he is a proper player, said it in another thread, I had the feeling we were in for him when all the talk was about him going to arsenal, his chairman mentioned something about a longer term transfer, I reckon this was tied up last season but pep didn't think he needed him then ,hope we do get him
Not a chance we will splash 50m on this guy if we are in for a top striker.

And as others have said , why would we push Gundogan back after the season he is having, he is in magnificent form and back to the levels he was at before his ACL injury.

Not a chance we will splash 50m on this guy if we are in for a top striker.

And as others have said , why would we push Gundogan back after the season he is having, he is in magnificent form and back to the levels he was at before his ACL injury.

Gundogan is not young and who knows if he can keep his form. If you think Aouar will need a year to get up to speed like many of our transfers it would make a lot of sense to bring him in while Gundogan still has it.

All of that assumes Pep sees Foden as more of a winger than a Cm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.