Houssem Aouar

Yep, something very odd with this. Lyon apparently knocking his price down all summer and still no takers. Mid table battlers in the prem looking at him would be a concern.

I’ve been trying to think of a midfielder we could get, after personally being a little underwhelmed by the Maddison links myself (personal preference) and the fact I see him as more similar to Foden or Grealish. I think Aouar would be to be quite honest one of the best options on the market, he’d be free too as he’s out of contract. It seems as this season he’s not as at it as other years but that’s understandable after been so close to a move for years and this being his last year, he’s still only 24. On his scouting report his 3rd most comparable player is Bellingham, 4th is Bernardo and 6th is Gundo. Even on a two year shorter contract I really feel it could be perfect, especially after seeing how well Bruno G has done coming from that Lyon Midfield. Bellingham and even a De Jong will be incredibly hard to get, hopefully we do, but Aouar should be someone we get straight in the door anyway and then see how those deals progress potentially.

Attachments

• 9D2F5C87-BAA8-4A04-A2DF-53106191A129.jpeg
    9D2F5C87-BAA8-4A04-A2DF-53106191A129.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 6F08F8EC-F8F0-494D-A764-B8472C3356E5.jpeg
    6F08F8EC-F8F0-494D-A764-B8472C3356E5.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 4267377D-9BB6-4502-8426-1ACC742D1A8A.jpeg
    4267377D-9BB6-4502-8426-1ACC742D1A8A.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 44
If both Gundo and Bernardo go, Aouar would be a no-brainer for me. If we only sing one midfielder I think it would be a big name and Aourar doesn`t fit into that bracket anymore (for now)

Hasn’t he been bang average for two seasons now following the early hype?
He has this season but he’s been injured, we can see it with some of our players even Bernie this season, when they want a move and have been close they lose motivation. He’s also out of contract in the summer it’s a very unique position and complex one, I wouldn’t expect him to be at his best at all.

If both Gundo and Bernardo go, Aouar would be a no-brainer for me. If we only sing one midfielder I think it would be a big name and Aourar doesn`t fit into that bracket anymore (for now)
IMO we should be getting 2 mids if one goes anyway, Aouar on a 2/3 year shorter contract could be a great opportunity. We go for the Bellingham or FDJ or whoever (preferably both in an ideal world and then no one else), but if Gundo is leaving no matter what at the end of next season why don’t we try to bed Aouar in or a similar player, maybe it’s already Perrone? At the worst you could probably sell him for £5/10 mill if he doesn’t come good, if he’s played a year for pep his stock is still going to be there. Also having a deal done for Aouar now brings less fear and can help us negotiate better for a more high end mid.

There is a top player in there, clearly lost his way with injury and illness, offer him a heavily based incentive contract and he would be a no brainer of a signing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.