Houssem Aouar

I don't think pep sees foden as a midfielder so we need a replacement for David Silva, difference between us and bayern is they have power, technique and goals in their midfield, Muller (goals) Goretzka (power and strength ball winning ability) thiago (technical creator) our midfield when playing 4 3 3, kdb (creator technical and goal scorer) David Silva (Technical/creator) Rodri (technical, good passer, and creator) we are missing a Goretzka someone with power and strength who can bully the ball of players and let our creators create chances, we had that with fernandinho but he can't play there anymore so our midfield is missing that edge and aggression.
On your first point, I don't think Pep sees Foden as a midfielder yet, but will in time. But as I posted in the Gundogan thread looking for a Silva replacement might be like looking for a unicorn.

On your Bayern point, it's worth noting that it's the same bunch of players as they had last season that got humiliated at home by Liverpool and only just narrowly won the league. What changed is their new manager game them a injection of determination and adopted a heavy pressing game that makes every player look better physically than they are. It's a really successful team collective thing. Same as Liverpool can be. Even us at times. When we press like madmen even Gundogan has a physical presence.

We're not pressing as well this season. I personally think it's because Pep has so little faith in the CB situation that he's getting the players to play deeper to mitigate counter risks, AND Bernardo having his issues too. I think next season if we can sort out the CBs we'll go back to pressing well again. Foden's emergence and Torres will definitely help on that front.

agreed he is one of their best players but foden is better for us
On your first point, I don't think Pep sees Foden as a midfielder yet, but will in time. But as I posted in the Gundogan thread looking for a Silva replacement might be like looking for a unicorn.

On your Bayern point, it's worth noting that it's the same bunch of players as they had last season that got humiliated at home by Liverpool and only just narrowly won the league. What changed is their new manager game them a injection of determination and adopted a heavy pressing game that makes every player look better physically than they are. It's a really successful team collective thing. Same as Liverpool can be. Even us at times. When we press like madmen even Gundogan has a physical presence.

We're not pressing as well this season. I personally think it's because Pep has so little faith in the CB situation that he's getting the players to play deeper to mitigate counter risks, AND Bernardo having his issues too. I think next season if we can sort out the CBs we'll go back to pressing well again. Foden's emergence and Torres will definitely help on that front.

I think Aouar is a Silva replacement. He dictates play in the way that Bernardo, KDB and Foden can't at present.

I hope he would mean the end of Gundogan because he should in theory provide everything Gundogan does but with added pace, aggression, and closer to the goal (like Silva).

Aouar-Rodri-KDB would be the midfield and I think it would be every bit as good as the centurions midfield in time, although the method of defending would be different - Rodri's all about pressing and making blocks/interceptions up the pitch, whereas Fern covered backwards in a more traditional English defensive midfielder way.

Auoar has the legs and willingness to run we lack from Dave this year and Gundogan always.

KdB: "Lyon have a great team. I don't follow the French league as much as other leagues, but if I had to pick one player that has impressed me from Lyon, it would be Hassem Aouar. He was fantastic. " [@SamLee]

Lots of discussion about Aouar. Don’t get it. Foden, Bernardo and KDB plays pretty much the exact same way. He’s not that strong and physical and we shouldn’t be looking at another creative midfielder.

We need a defensive midfielder, a new Fernandinho with pace, and this kid is not it. Rodri I’m not sure what his role is really. In the way Pep plays with a high line where we risk losing the ball in the middle, I’d much rather we had a fast defensive mid to quickly win back the ball or make a Fernandinho-foul to break up the counter attack. Rodri just joggs behind them all the way to the goal, with very little defensive contribution.

Look up Bennacer from Milan. He would sort out many of our problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.