how are older blues handling this?

Bluesince1979

i would say my age group 35-40, has had the most heart ache of any othercity fans. i was 2 when we last won a trophy so ive seen jack shit ever since!!!

slightly older and you remember the good times, slightly younger and this is just how it is, misery, supporting city so it hasnt affected you quite the same(yet)!

but my age, we just missed the trophy winning games, so near but yet so far. all this (extremely mild) hint of a very small possibilty of success is making me feel sick!!! i cant handle it. we're in the running for kaka ffs!!!

i'm so giddy its untrue but then there is a small part of me that is scared!! that make sense?

marcus said:
i would say my age group 35-40, has had the most heart ache of any othercity fans. i was 2 when we last won a trophy so ive seen jack shit ever since!!!

slightly older and you remember the good times, slightly younger and this is just how it is, misery, supporting city so it hasnt affected you quite the same(yet)!

but my age, we just missed the trophy winning games, so near but yet so far. all this (extremely mild) hint of a very small possibilty of success is making me feel sick!!! i cant handle it. we're in the running for kaka ffs!!!

i'm so giddy its untrue but then there is a small part of me that is scared!! that make sense?
with you all the way on this I was 5 when we last saw silverware !!

You got to see us in semi-finals, finals and challenging near the top of the league. I dream of a semi-final.

masterwig said:
You got to see us in semi-finals, finals and challenging near the top of the league. I dream of a semi-final.
Its all coming soon my friend,enjoy it now and forever more !!

I am in my early fifties ,therefore lucky enough to remember the great days.I have to say though , that i am just as giddy with excitement now as i was as a kid watching Bell ,Lee and Summerbee !! Bring it all on !! Can not get enough !

ezone said:
I am in my early fifties ,therefore lucky enough to remember the great days.I have to say though , that i am just as giddy with excitement now as i was as a kid watching Bell ,Lee and Summerbee !! Bring it all on !! Can not get enough !

Ditto!

I am 29. I have never seen City win anything!

My first memory of City was being in my garden with my dad in 89. He was listening to Bradford v City. We needed a point on the last game of the season to go into the old Division 1.

We were getting beat with 4 mins left, then Trevor Morley scored and we went up. I still have that season's highlights on video. I would have been 10 at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.