how are older blues handling this?

Started going in 76. Im 45 now and seen lots, but no trophies, mostly heartache!!

I remember Steve Daley signing in 79 for just under 1.5mill. There was uproar then, but that was cus we were certain he was sh*te and like most signings we were right!!!

30 years later.......... Kaka, ADUG, now our time has come.
And with a bit of luck i might still be around to see a load of silverware.

droylsdenblue said:
ezone said:
I am in my early fifties ,therefore lucky enough to remember the great days.I have to say though , that i am just as giddy with excitement now as i was as a kid watching Bell ,Lee and Summerbee !! Bring it all on !! Can not get enough !

Ditto!

I'm 54 with 2 older rag brothers who are now in denial about their own past concerning buying the best available when they could...... Fuck 'em - let the good times roll !!!

The future's sky blue & the rest of the league don't like it !!!!

Be 40 at the end of the month...get in there! We few, we happy few...

Get a little peeved at the angst and "are we losing our soul?" stuff, I'll tell you that for nowt.

I'm 45 years old in a few weeks, and a bit of me yearns for the days when things in the game were much simpler.

However, the game changed years ago and now I am just so grateful that we were bought by this group. We have been the Cinderella for far too long and the opportunity to see real WORLD CLASS footballers in our blue shirt has almost been worth the wait.
I'm not that confident that City won't let me down again at some point mind. In a way I quite like that feeling, as I would hate to become what some of the rag contingent are.....expecting to win everything.

But we had better NOT balls up this opportunity. ;-)

first game in 77 went in 81, and to the full members cup, seen us at well over 100 grounds, and seen us lose at most of them.

ezone said:
I am in my early fifties ,therefore lucky enough to remember the great days.I have to say though , that i am just as giddy with excitement now as i was as a kid watching Bell ,Lee and Summerbee !! Bring it all on !! Can not get enough !
same here.

46..been a Junior Blue and my favourite memory is Dennis Tuearts over head kick in the League Cup Final win. Always maintained that I'll be getting a City tattoo when they stop breaking my heart and make me cry with joy...let it be now! The future is blue...

Thaksins Love Child said:
I am 29. I have never seen City win anything!

My first memory of City was being in my garden with my dad in 89. He was listening to Bradford v City. We needed a point on the last game of the season to go into the old Division 1.

We were getting beat with 4 mins left, then Trevor Morley scored and we went up. I still have that season's highlights on video. I would have been 10 at the time.
Tricky Trev... what a guy!

48 in February lucky enough to have seen the 68 Championship winning side and the cups that followed soon after. Getting pretty pissed off at the moment with all the anti/hate City shite but im really buzzing at the moment waiting for something to happen (Fuck Bellamy)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.