How are you going to thank mr Barton?

80s Shorts said:
Carl_Man_City said:
I'll clap him. Good player for us

Reasonable player in a poor team. Flawed character and a bully. I find it difficult to fathom that people will applaud this character, especially if you have seen the video of the beating him and his pals gave that guy in the street. Some people seem to find it amusing that he battered Dabo in training because they think Dabo was poo. I cant understand that either. Apparently he stuck a lit cigar into a youth players face at a christmas party, very nice. These are just the things that made the press. I will not boo him as I wouldnt waste my breath, but clap him: your avin a laugh.

Exactly

Don't forget the incident with the Taxi driver

I was only a kid when we had Barton (not that long ago I know) and he was one of my favorite players, so I'll be applauding him. He did pretty much keep us up that season tbf to him, he was our highest scorer with 6 (lol) and set up quite a few as well.

I'll never forgive him for what he did to dabo though, he was arrogant, but he cared about football and he cared about the club (deep, DEEP down inside) I don't blame him for going to Newcastle as I would have done the same, more money and at the time, a better club. The lad was like a more violent, extreme bellamy.

You can boo him as he does deserve some of it but don't take it too far...

kramer said:
80s Shorts said:
Reasonable player in a poor team. Flawed character and a bully. I find it difficult to fathom that people will applaud this character, especially if you have seen the video of the beating him and his pals gave that guy in the street. Some people seem to find it amusing that he battered Dabo in training because they think Dabo was poo. I cant understand that either. Apparently he stuck a lit cigar into a youth players face at a christmas party, very nice. These are just the things that made the press. I will not boo him as I wouldnt waste my breath, but clap him: your avin a laugh.

Exactly

Don't forget the incident with the Taxi driver

I'm not going to clap him on his off the pitch behavior. I will clap him because I think he helped us stay up and always showed passion when playing for us.

Some people may believe his off the pitch antics overshadows what he did when playing for us. Others may clap him purely based on what he was like for us as a player.

Thing is, Barton was to us then what Bellamy is to us now. 110%, scores important goals, and a real driving force.

Dunne, Distin and Micah did have good seasons that year, but there is no way on this planet that we would of stayed up that year if it weren't for Joey. And if you think otherwise, then you obviously thought that a midfield of Rayna and Dabo would have been good enough. So he was right, we should be thankful that he was an important player in that season, and I was and still am.

People forget what the state of MCFC was in May/June 2007. Distin had fucked us off, we'd sacked Pearce, those jokers Macintosh and Wardle were still in charge, looking to sell us off like some cheap hooker to any old twat. We barely got more than 40k a week. We could of had a season like Portsmouth this year. It was definitely a more attractive thing to play for NUFC than City at that point. Who would have guessed that the retirement of Shearer would of set them back to the extent it did.

liamctid said:
Thing is, Barton was to us then what Bellamy is to us now. 110%, scores important goals, and a real driving force.

Dunne, Distin and Micah did have good seasons that year, but there is no way on this planet that we would of stayed up that year if it weren't for Joey. And if you think otherwise, then you obviously thought that a midfield of Rayna and Dabo would have been good enough. So he was right, we should be thankful that he was an important player in that season, and I was and still am.

People forget what the state of MCFC was in May/June 2007. Distin had fucked us off, we'd sacked Pearce, those jokers Macintosh and Wardle were still in charge, looking to sell us off like some cheap hooker to any old twat. We barely got more than 40k a week. We could of had a season like Portsmouth this year. It was definitely a more attractive thing to play for NUFC than City at that point. Who would have guessed that the retirement of Shearer would of set them back to the extent it did.

Very unfair to label John Wardle as a joker, he was great for this club.

As for Barton i will boo and slag off the scouse bullshitting twat.

Immaculate Pasta said:
liamctid said:

Very unfair to label John Wardle as a joker, he was great for this club.

As for Barton i will boo and slag off the scouse bullshitting twat.

In hindsight, perhaps. But at the time, he never wanted to do it. Anyone that backed Keegan over Bernstein is a joker! I'll never forget the buzz and the lift of being a Manchester City fan from August 2003. New ground, new players, new hope. Within two years the soul of the club had been ripped out and become a dull thing which was rarely exciting. And I blame that on both Ali Mac and Wardle. Not saying everyone should, just my feelings on the matter!

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
We'd be even better now if we had a player like Barton.

clinton_laughing.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.