How bad were Aaloborg by the way?

aalborg were knocking the ball around something rotten! i think, like already been mentioned, that city just played well! l know for a fact when we play at denmark they will be a totally different team...

Trigger said:
yeah really shocking team!!! came from Champs league after finishing above Celtic and drew 2-2 at the swamp!

oh yeah and they won in the last round 6-1 against Deportivo....(slaps head in amazement)

DID YOU WATCH ANY OF THEM GAMES?

its abit like saying last year "Derby cant be THAT bad, they are in the premiership" (slaps head in amazement)

Is it just me that thought it was a poor game, a sorta 0 - 0 game if you like? I don't think City played too well actually, I think if we did play well like we did against Villa then we would have been 3/4 - 0 up. Granted, they played some good stuff and defended well but I wouldn't say it was one of the best performances of the season like some are making out. I guess im a half empty kinda guy ;-)

Aalberg were dreadful.Given had virtually nothing to do all night.We really should have knocked in a couple more so we could have been safe in resting players in Denmark.

paphos-mcfc said:
Thought about who's going through???

* Manchester City - Aalborg (2-0) City
* Hamburger SV - Galatasaray (1-1) Galatasaray
* Werder Bremen - St Etienne (1-0) Werder Bremen
* CSKA Moscow - Shakhtar (1-0) Shakhtar
* Marseille - Ajax (2-1) Marseille
* Udinese - Zenit (2-0) Zenit

What do you think?
ZENIT?

halpo123 said:
paphos-mcfc said:
Thought about who's going through???

* Manchester City - Aalborg (2-0) City
* Hamburger SV - Galatasaray (1-1) Galatasaray
* Werder Bremen - St Etienne (1-0) Werder Bremen
* CSKA Moscow - Shakhtar (1-0) Shakhtar
* Marseille - Ajax (2-1) Marseille
* Udinese - Zenit (2-0) Zenit

What do you think?
ZENIT?

tbh none of them look like bankers with City and Udinese are in the strongest position. The rest could go any way although I'd fancy Bremen to go through as they are defending a 1-0 lead against one of the weaker teams left.

On the original topic, as mentioned, Aalborg came from the CL, had a decent result against the Scum, came above Celtic in their group. Have you considered that the reason they looked shite was because we made them look that way????

dannybcity said:
You've missed PSG and Braga.

Anyway, I thought they played alright, knocked the ball round well and had one or two decent chances.

And Metalist v Dynamo Kiev

Pezzer2 said:
I think the way they set up, plays straight into our hands.

agreed, they appeared not to have seen any of our home games this season. the way to stop us is to have a midfield with plenty of depth and concentrate on keeping the ball, pulling our attacking midfielders and fullbacks out of position, which puts our defence under a lot of pressure, pushing them deeper, and kills the service to our attacking players. they tried to play their own game, and paid for it.

forevercity said:
one of the worst teams to have come to COMS this season
They were physically strong, and got through our defence a few times, but they'd be relegation material in the Premiership

They were better than Copenhagen, but that was probably down to their Winter break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.