How Can The Club Increase The 40k Hardcore?

clairepartyring said:
Doesnt Schalke ring a bell? Cheap tickets and they sell the ground out everytime they play? They then make the money on merchandise,drinks,food etc, the premier league clubs have all git it wrong imo.
It doesn't work like that though, we charge £15 for waffa cup games and struggle to get the ground half full.

blue dallas said:
maybe if all those wankers who turned out for the chelsea game

and have not been since, turned up it would be full every game.

Classic post that sums up how these threads always go. People whinge and whine about the ground not being full then call their fellow supporters wankers for not going to every game.

Fucking eureka i have just thought of the answer to this. Give food away free at half time .. but free BARMS on one side of the ground (east stand where i am) and fucking muffin tops or whatever they're called in the north stand . I reckon everyone in the wide north west would have a fucking axe to grind and come we could even serve teacakes for the blackburn/lanky fans and stotties for the geordies, mackems and smoggies, I also think this would sort the atmosphere out as well. The players would wonder what the fuck was happening with all the chants being about bacon barms and breakfast muffins etc . Well whaddya think?

bumbleblue said:
Fucking eureka i have just thought of the answer to this. Give food away free at half time .. but free BARMS on one side of the ground (east stand where i am) and fucking muffin tops or whatever they're called in the north stand . I reckon everyone in the wide north west would have a fucking axe to grind and come we could even serve teacakes for the blackburn/lanky fans and stotties for the geordies, mackems and smoggies, I also think this would sort the atmosphere out as well. The players would wonder what the fuck was happening with all the chants being about bacon barms and breakfast muffins etc . Well whaddya think?
you forgot oaties for stokies & jellied eels for the rags

bumbleblue said:
Come on be sensible, we want to fill the ground and not have the concourse jammed to the rafters with people stuffing their faces with doughnuts and cake ;]
Blimey we'll never be able to navigate our way to the toilet for a fag at half time without tripping over obese people.

Disturbance said:
blue dallas said:
maybe if all those wankers who turned out for the chelsea game

and have not been since, turned up it would be full every game.

Classic post that sums up how these threads always go. People whinge and whine about the ground not being full then call their fellow supporters wankers for not going to every game.

ive never whinged about the ground being empty,

but anyone who turned out that day because we signed robinho or on derby day and has not been since are no better

than the glory seekers at owe trafford.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the attendences?

I'd prefer there to be the 34k hardcore we had at Maine Road every week than the extras filling the seats around the ground. All this filling the stadium shit is the sorta stuff the rags try to wind us up about. I couldn't care less.

I go everyweek and couldn't care if I was the only one in the ground. If people didn't wanna be there under Pearces regime, then fuck em, thats what I say.

bumbleblue said:

love this idea ... send an email to the club

The rags proved to have a hard core of about 40k in Ferguson's early days, when the glory hunters from the Best-Charlton era stopped going as Liverpool won the league all the time. There were even empty spaces in the reduced capacity ground when they played us after our 5-1 win.

They solved it by winning stuff & breaking the transfer record again & again. That's probably what we'll do & the downside will be loads of sad, no mates, pathetic, glory hunting twats making a tourist trip to our ground & millions waiting to replace them, same as. Can't wait.

bluegorton said:
felixbg said:
Greiver said:
Just a little curiosity. On the topic. What is the average Stadium Capacity in Europe? For the main NFL/College teams it is quite big around 90k. From the looks I'd have a geuss at around 40-50k. Though there are some with a good deal higher.

seriously ... are the average capacitys that high ?!?!?!?!

No it's a myth, the attendances are calculated by "weighbridge" technology built into the stands in the U S of A. Unfortunately they've not been calibrated for the average American body weight so you can probably halve that figure. ;0)

Average Capacity and attendance for the most major College and NFL games is 80-90k! :P ... fear our stadiums!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.