How do Barca feel about being drawn against us?

aguero93:20 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Bodicoteblue said:
I think sjk2008 ( and previously PB) are not trying to "piss on anyone's chips" !
It is a reasonable attitude to introduce a note of caution about this tie . We are starting to climb the mountain that Barca have been at the summit of for many years now and it is a long hard climb , which we will eventually complete , that looks inevitable , but we must be prepared for the odd slip on the way .
I am optimistic about this tie aswell , but blowing your own trumpet too loud can make you a hostage to fortune all too easily .
That's what we saw at the away end on Saturday.

Aye, but makes me laugh, this is an internet forum where we can spout our thoughts/moods. Nothing we say or do
will have any bearing on the outcome of the tie. So why would anyone worry if we get giddy or depressed.
I like the giddy posts. If, whoever makes such posts, are prepared for any disappointment then no probs.
prepared and experienced! So what experience do you have for being disappointed, Mr. Giddy? 20+ years of my team being Shit sir! Fully Prepared ;)

I like to be positive too, that's why I stay out of any match day threads. 40yrs + of bi polar experiences.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
aguero93:20 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Aye, but makes me laugh, this is an internet forum where we can spout our thoughts/moods. Nothing we say or do
will have any bearing on the outcome of the tie. So why would anyone worry if we get giddy or depressed.
I like the giddy posts. If, whoever makes such posts, are prepared for any disappointment then no probs.
prepared and experienced! So what experience do you have for being disappointed, Mr. Giddy? 20+ years of my team being Shit sir! Fully Prepared ;)

I like to be positive too, that's why I stay out of any match day threads. 40yrs + of bi polar experiences.
Ha I was 24 when we won the FA cup, wouldn't call it bi-polar (apart from maybe the fa cup last year, giddiness and happiness all the way since then)

fablue said:
They really hate they have to play against MC,
I was reading in the Barca forum:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.blaugranas.com/manchester_city_rival_en_octavos_de_la_champions-itemap-67-83094-3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.blaugranas.com/manchester_ci ... 3094-3.htm</a>

"Possibly the hardest nut to crack of all. Maybe Arsenal was also difficult, but Arsenal are one of the teams that favours Barça style of play.

"Today they can score 8 to us. I hope we can solve our problems soon.

"I hope I am wrong, but at the moment MC is far better than us in every aspect. We'll need to be very brave to beat Toure and Co.

"We're f** .. But now or in semifinals we will fall and if at least this match serves to bring Kun to us it’s OK. This year they do have a decent coach, it’s a pity that Mancini is not there any more or else we would be favorites, I think now it is 50% -50%.

From the same post of their forum: "Como se nota que este año si tienen un entrenador decente, que pena que no siga Mancini sino seríamos favoritos"
"as noted that this year they have a decent couch, its a pain that Mancini did not continue, in other way we would be favourites"

M24 Citizen said:
I just have to quote this off the Barca forum. They were discussing where Zaba should be rated amongst the RB's of the world. He didn't make this guys top 5 but look who did at number 3!

1. Lahm
2. Alves
3. Rafael
4. Piszczek
5. Lichtsteiner

Their forums are full of closet rags. Really is embarrassing.
In fairness Rafael is a top defender, but not a patch on Pablo.

Some of the criticism of the fans by outsiders is in response to one or two individuals getting a bit giddy (Why not?) but will be viewed by some from afar as outright arrogance of course - ever has it been thus!

However I can assure all you interlopers 99% of MCFC fans know what Barca are all about and don't expect any kind of cake walk because of our current form - pride before a fall and all that and believe me watching us being taken apart and given a footy lesson by Bayern at home wasn't a barrel of laughs either but I bet the cameras or reporters didn't show or mention the fact that Robben when subbed was given a standing round of applause as were Bayern at the end - I believe we're just all looking forward to pitting our wits and talents against the team which are considered the yardstick by which you can measure the progress of your own club. We feel we've made good progress and the team , if it plays to it's potential are capable of turning Barca over. Chelsea proved it 2 years ago as did Bayern last year 7-0 on aggregate (without a fit you know who admittedly).

I'm personally looking forward to seeing the current greatest player on the planet in the flesh at the Etihad to say i've seen him play. With a bit of luck I might even get a ticket for the Camp Nou. Apparently its a bit better than Bootham Crescent!

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Some of the criticism of the fans by outsiders is in response to one or two individuals getting a bit giddy (Why not?) but will be viewed by some from afar as outright arrogance of course - ever has it been thus!

However I can assure all you interlopers 99% of MCFC fans know what Barca are all about and don't expect any kind of cake walk because of our current form - pride before a fall and all that and believe me watching us being taken apart and given a footy lesson by Bayern at home wasn't a barrel of laughs either but I bet the cameras or reporters didn't show or mention the fact that Robben when subbed was given a standing round of applause as were Bayern at the end - I believe we're just all looking forward to pitting our wits and talents against the team which are considered the yardstick by which you can measure the progress of your own club. We feel we've made good progress and the team , if it plays to it's potential are capable of turning Barca over. Chelsea proved it 2 years ago as did Bayern last year 7-0 on aggregate (without a fit you know who admittedly).

I'm personally looking forward to seeing the current greatest player on the planet in the flesh at the Etihad to say i've seen him play. With a bit of luck I might even get a ticket for the Camp Nou. Apparently its a bit better than Bootham Crescent!
It's a much nicer ground than old toilet anyway. I think you made a good point there, half the reason we're 'giddy' is because we've got a chance of playing one of the top teams in the world and we're confident now at the very least that we can give them a good match and not get schooled. this is something that I think most of us never would have dreamed of, for example, 13th may 2012, my ex (a gooner) rang me to remind me of all the times I swore if I saw city win the premier league title, id die a happy man. so we're approaching this tie with nothing to lose and everything to gain. if we were shitting ourselves about it, it would be doing a disservice to how far we've come since the dark days of 1996-99, when we were worried about far more important things than getting knocked out of the champions league by Barcelona.

One thing's for sure - City have had precisely zero luck so far when it has come to the CL draw.

Barcelona won't be happy about the draw either, as you're undoubtedly the most dangerous team in England (even more so than Hartlepool, on your day). But still, the weight of expectation will be mostly on them, kinda like it was mostly on Bayern in the last match...

I find it endearing that a lot of you are just happy at seeing Messi etc, and that this fixture - win or lose - represents a big step in where you want to be, and will be. There's no need to get ahead of yourselves and become just as hated as those shitbag neighbours of yours.

"The unusual thing is that every MC supporter is really sure that they will beat Barca, and everybody wanted it, don't know why, maybe they are blinded by their EPL performance :P"

"Actually no. Every MCFC fan knows that our team is not good enough to win the CL. Being runners-up in the group stage meant we will only draw a top side. City have already played Madrid, Bayern and Dortmund in the CL recently, the next best glamorous tie is Barcelona. It is a dream for City fans to watch their team play against Barcelona and watch the likes of Messi at our home ground.

A win against you would be a historic one for us. If we do lose which is more likely, there is no shame either. We are just starters in the CL knockout stages and an exit means we can concentrate on our league which is very strong this year.
It's a win-win situation and Manchester City is thrilled to face Barcelona.."

A city fan posted this on their forum. I completely disagree i dont even think we're more likely to loose.

Milner7 said:
"The unusual thing is that every MC supporter is really sure that they will beat Barca, and everybody wanted it, don't know why, maybe they are blinded by their EPL performance :P"

"Actually no. Every MCFC fan knows that our team is not good enough to win the CL. Being runners-up in the group stage meant we will only draw a top side. City have already played Madrid, Bayern and Dortmund in the CL recently, the next best glamorous tie is Barcelona. It is a dream for City fans to watch their team play against Barcelona and watch the likes of Messi at our home ground.

A win against you would be a historic one for us. If we do lose which is more likely, there is no shame either. We are just starters in the CL knockout stages and an exit means we can concentrate on our league which is very strong this year.

A city fan posted this on their forum. I completely disagree i dont even think we're more likely to loose.

To be fair, Barcelona will be favourites. Theres no getting around that. But City are a very good bet to take on because we all know this could go both ways. There is the potential for anything to happen in this game. I wouldnt be surprised (although I would be ecstatic) to see city demolish Barca and equally wouldn't be shocked if they did the same to us. What we do know is that Barca have been there, done it and got the t-shirt. This could be the difference and will be the reason they are going to be favourites.

To be honest, I just want us to make a good account for ourselves and make the world of football sit up and watch closer as we rise to prominence!

bluemooninho said:
Milner7 said:

To be fair, Barcelona will be favourites. Theres no getting around that. But City are a very good bet to take on because we all know this could go both ways. There is the potential for anything to happen in this game. I wouldnt be surprised (although I would be ecstatic) to see city demolish Barca and equally wouldn't be shocked if they did the same to us. What we do know is that Barca have been there, done it and got the t-shirt. This could be the difference and will be the reason they are going to be favourites.

To be honest, I just want us to make a good account for ourselves and make the world of football sit up and watch closer as we rise to prominence!

Fair enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.