how do i keep my room cool???!!

Don't bother with the portable air con units. I bought one earlier this week from Homebase. Bloody heavy to cart upstairs and then you have to connect a fat pipe from the back of it through an open window. It did cool the air down but it's really noisy - Took it back the day after!!

Ronnie the Rep said:
Don't bother with the portable air con units. I bought one earlier this week from Homebase. Bloody heavy to cart upstairs and then you have to connect a fat pipe from the back of it through an open window. It did cool the air down but it's really noisy - Took it back the day after!!

Seeing as all Homebase aircon comes from my warehouse and we spend literally ages kicking the stuff around the warehouse it's no wonder it makes a noise.

Also...

The air con they sell is at least 3 years old.It has been sitting in a dusty warehouse getting covered in pigeon crap/water etc for the past 3 years as they couldn't shift them all when they bought them.
I wouldn't buy one from them unless it was heavily discounted.Luckily i 'took' one home the other day.From the good pile.

Just close your eyes and imagine you're lying on a sailing boat in the Caribbean. That's what I did last night.

(I was quite pissed)

Get 1 of those evaporative coolers, it will make your wallet lighter by £80 so less money to lug about. It won't cool your room, unless you use it to prop a door open. There's a cheap one in the Help the Aged shop in Gorton, cost about £80 new I reckon so be going for about a tenner now, which is £10 too much IMO.

ps It's got a size 8 boot mark on 1 side and a dent on the other, useless piece of shit.

smudgedj said:
You could buy a small fan, freeze some water in plastic bottles, place them infront of fan. Turn fan on...cheap air con!

lol...that is called evaporative cooling to give it the technical term......very good and cheap idea tbh

the cheapest fixed residential unit you can buy (has to be fitted by ac company) is around £1400 quid without electrical mains power....that will give you around a 2.5-3kw cooling duty (ample for a bedroom upto 5m x 5m)

shadygiz said:
smudgedj said:
You could buy a small fan, freeze some water in plastic bottles, place them infront of fan. Turn fan on...cheap air con!

lol...that is called evaporative cooling to give it the technical term......very good and cheap idea tbh

the cheapest fixed residential unit you can buy (has to be fitted by ac company) is around £1400 quid without electrical mains power....that will give you around a 2.5-3kw cooling duty (ample for a bedroom upto 5m x 5m)

fucking hell it would get used for a week that would be it haah

Buy a large chest freezer, line it with padding, turn it on for a couple of hours, hey presto a chilled nights sleep. Just make sure that no-one closes the lid!

Joycee Banercheck said:
Just run a hose pipe up to your room through a window, seal up the door so it is water-tight and let the water fill the room up to about knee height. Dipping your feet in the water will cool you down. At night, get a lilo and sleep on it.

class mate lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.