How do people get to sleep?

I don't have a problem sleeping, but if i did i think i'd watch UTD play any team in the bottom half of the table!

johnny on the spot said:
I'm wide awake. Just fed our resident hedgehog and am now watching Return of the Jedi. I'd really love some kip.
Me too, still winding down and if I see Georgie Thompson hang that medal around that Jim fellas neck one more time...........

I never have any problem falling asleep - kust wake up at some ungodly hours.
Going off I think about winning the lottery and what house Id buy. Start thinking about the house, gardens, garages and what would be in them and in no time Im away

Trace through the training manual for work in my head, work on an oil refinery.

Normally manages to get me to sleep before I pass the equivalent of the first page lol

I haven't generally had a problem getting to sleep. I use several of the methods already mentioned: no exciting technology (except the radio on relaxing, repetitive music - salsa is surprisingly effective! - or an even-level talk show - Radio 4/World Service or Rhod Sharp, but not Dotun Adebayo!); read a tedious book or magazine (when a sentence doesn't make sense after three attempts it's time to turn off the light); take some medication (low dose and vary the drug - Syndol, NightNurse, Sleepeaze or just paracetamol); do mental exercises (plans for the future, how to allocate a £1m winnings, etc.). I try to keep the medication-taking to the minimum because they seem to lose efficacy with continual use.

It is the staying asleep I had the problem with but I've sorted that now: feet warmer than legs, legs warmer than trunk, head in the cool. Bed-socks are effective, as is a folded blanket on the lower part of the bed. It wasn't till I tried these that I recaptured the wonderful deep sleeps of my childhood - the sort of sleep where you can get up to have a piss and fall back into bed without ever really waking up.

Always used to listen to the Harry Potter audiobooks. Stephen Fry's voice is so soothing, helps me sleep a lot.

I then moved on to Terry Pratchett audiobooks, with the occasional Radio 4 podcast on iTunes.

I found having something quiet in the background I can focus on definitely helps me sleep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.