How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

Labour don’t want to take the bull by horns and rule out rejoining the single market, to scared of alienating the red wall voters who swallowed the belief there would actually be some benefit for the country. It’s nearly half a decade since we exited the EU and there hasn’t been any plus points to it and non of our politicians are actually doing anything to make it work.

The taking back control of our borders they were sold clearly was a lie, all the potential new trade deals that haven’t happened yet will have guarantees of visas attached to them so even more filthy foreigners will be coming to the U.K. to keep the gammons frothing.
Nobody ever ever talks about the fact that immigration has gone through the foof since the referendum. Even that promise was a total lie. I posted about this before: the pubs in London used to be staffed by Europeans. Now they are staffed by Indians. It doesn't bother me but I bet Billy Barnsley would choke on his bitter if he found out.

The elephant in the room is rejoining the single market isn’t just the best outcome long term, personally I feel it’s completely inevitable.
Fully agree.

I'm planning a takeover of the Tory party to turn it into a centrist pro EU party. The tories have less than 200k members and they are dying off fast. As little as 150k people would be enough to seize control.

Nobody ever ever talks about the fact that immigration has gone through the foof since the referendum. Even that promise was a total lie. I posted about this before: the pubs in London used to be staffed by Europeans. Now they are staffed by Indians. It doesn't bother me but I bet Billy Barnsley would choke on his bitter if he found out.

On the Sky interview last week with Rishi he was pulled up on this and he had no answer to it. ''yes the numbers are high and we need to get them down''.

We've had our letters today from our suppliers, with the increased costs due to Brexit import taxes. So that's a nice brexit benefit coming for our customers.

The elephant in the room is rejoining the single market isn’t just the best outcome long term, personally I feel it’s completely inevitable.
It will be done by stealth with a series of sector by sector deals spread over a few years so we end up de facto in the single market much like the Swiss arrangement. Obviously not as good as full EEA membership but we could probably be 90% there if the influence of the hardline Brexiteers is limited to the equivalent of being the noisy drunk in the pub telling everyone their favourite conspiracies.

The existing deal includes a review anyway so the Tories need to say what they'd do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.