How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

The Leave vote was a sort of coalition of all sorts of views, some arguable, some shameful, but the people in charge of the Leave Campaign did not care why you voted their way as long as you did.

This is partly why people are so unhappy with the outcome and some say 'this is not the Brexit I voted for.' Sorry, but it is because effectively you gave the ERG free rein to dictate and they took it.

It's like having a referendum to have a monarchy (in principle) and then getting King John. It's no use then saying, this is not the king I voted for. Some of the voters were (frankly) naive, and seemed to think that membership of the EU was all that kept us from turning into Camelot. No wonder they are disillusioned!

Reading some of the comments there, it served to remind me how we remainers (or ’remoaners’ in case you’d forgotten) are to blame for the dismal failure of all things brexit.
A timely reminder for all us smug ’I told you so‘ sorts that we must shoulder enormous blame for…..errr….pointing out the blindingly obvious stupidity of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.