How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

This should have happened years ago. For years it's been a race to the bottom of countries turning a blind eye to asylum seekers going through their territory, and making the process as harsh as possible, as they hope they pass through and claim somewhere else instead. Meanwhile the likes of Italy and Greece get swamped and have to deal with the cost alone, and the likes of Germany, Sweden and Austria ultimately end up with far more asylum seekers than anyone else. A central fund that pays for asylum seekers wherever they are gets rid of this incentive to not deal with them fairly.

Personally, I'd go one further and have a quota system, where they are processed in the frontline countries, but are then assigned to a country. Obviously asylum seekers should be able to specify a preference (and if they have family already in a country, that could be taken into account), but ultimately, if you're genuinely fleeing persecution, you shouldn't be allowed to be too fussy about ending up in Slovakia instead of Sweden. But yeah, the chances of getting countries that currently take fuck all to agree to that are pretty small.

well you are correct in what you say and already Hungary has said it wants nowt to do with this but the point I was making really is that 27 countries are discussing/deciding on migration. We no longer have any part in the negotiations which is why we can't expect any of them to accept anyone we want to deport there.

This function was brought to you courtesy of Brexit.

well you are correct in what you say and already Hungary has said it wants nowt to do with this but the point I was making really is that 27 countries are discussing/deciding on migration. We no longer have any part in the negotiations which is why we can't expect any of them to accept anyone we want to deport there.
And yet the Express and Mail will endlessly rant about this natural consequence of our uncoupling.

Not long now ...

The EU wants the mobility scheme. The UK will at some point do a mobility scheme, because it has a shopping list of things it wants/needs from the EU and the price will include a mobility scheme.

In other news, the Govt has again postponed the Brexit border controls because it is politically unpalatable and beyond our capacity to implement. Which kind of sums up why the UK has a shopping list of things it wants/needs from the EU.

It is funny though, that offering the young people of the UK greater freedom to travel is seen as impossible. And by funny I mean pathetic.

20 years from now and we will have stealthed our way back into EU so much that they will say lets just rejoin again. And all the stupid fuckers who voted for it to happen in the first place will just forget they were ever hoodwinked.

20 years from now and we will have stealthed our way back into EU so much that they will say lets just rejoin again. And all the stupid fuckers who voted for it to happen in the first place will just forget they were ever hoodwinked.

There is no way to return to the old arrangement the UK had with the EU i wager, it wont be of the nature of "we like this and that but we wanna opt out of these". Its going to be full package i bet or nothing, especially since i doubt the Eu is waiting for UK membership after all that hassle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.