How do you assess our transfer business?

I really thought my long explanation as well as details might have been enough, anyhow, I will try again.

Stumbled across Dias? Yes, we were chasing Koulibaly and then Kounde all summer before finally settling for him, we were lucky that someone as talented as him was still available when other sides around Europe needed a CB too.....not too mention last summer wasted our time chasing Slabhead, thankfully we lost out on that coup.

Jesus regularly injured? Yes he is, this is the 3rd injury in a little over 11 months, he is not as injury prone as some we have, but he is not one who will start and be available all games that same season either.

Delap and Messi issues, Delap MIGHT have developed, but do you really BELIEVE Pep will opt for playing youth players?, his record in that regard so far is abysmal, why should it change now?, as for Messi, wouldn't he be bought if we were to have him available?

Not too many players no, but enough of sufficient quality that we can put sides like Leeds, West Ham and other shit teams away with ease, or even finish a number of the chances we create, whilst allowing the opposition 3 shots at goal, which they score 1 or 2 of each game.

Two midfielders short if Fernandinho goes yes, because that leaves us with Rodri, Gundogan neither of which are good enough, and Foden, KDB and Bernardo to play 60-65 games during the season and retain the high standards for each game, without injury, suspension, or loss of form, so for me 1x DM, 1x Box-2-Box style and 1x AM are a must to take the workload pressure off the 3 who do offer the team something in the middle of the park, as I think of us as a buying club, so ruling out the likes of Cole Palmer, Tommy Doyle or anybody else.

That is how I work that out.

Why do we need two strikes ? when we have had two strikes for years now and are not going back to 3 or 4 like the Tevez DZeko Balotelli Augero we play one up front now not two

We are just going to replace Aguero that’s it

We also ha he options out wide that can play down the middle

As has been pointed out we had been watching Dias for years he may well have been our first choice either way hardly stumbled across him

So we loose one midfielder in Fernandinho and then need two when we are not one short right now

You seem to be advocating loosing one player in a position and replacing him with two you have done this in striker position and midfield position it is expensive not necessary and unbalancing

As for FFP it’s not been scraped it’s been altered for two years

Neither of us know city’s budget pre Covid nor the losses associated with it or even exactly what’s been spent on players

I do not think city are being to conservative in the finance front but if they are perhaps with good reason given the pandemic and perhaps it’s for Messi wages or Aguero replacement next year

My mind changes every game haha. I thought we did well. Ake, dias & torres are all 10/10 so far. I thought lb was a big letdown though. Then ake played there and I thought ok with ake, mendy and cancelo it might be OK.
Then I thought cdm was our main issue, rodri is great against certain teams but a more mobile cdm is required against others. But the back four looks solid now so it isn't a huge issue.
So, is it the wings that are the issue? Sterling on form is unbelievable, off form he is just a grafter. Mahrez is not what we need (just my opinion) but torres looks like he can be what we need and foden produces great numbers on the wing and bernado can do very well out there as well.
Midfield is where I'm at now. Who plays with kdb?
Gundogan - lovely guy, lovely player but fucks up our press.
Bernado - could be the answer but needs more time to perfect controlling the game.
Foden - kids a maverick, he's like the Mike Tyson of footballers. He wants to kill you with every move. Be it a shot, a through ball, a slalom dribble. His enthusiasm is addictive but sometimes id wish he would take a breath and slow down. He's the best I've seen for going past players since gazza, a goalscoring record lampard would love at his age, vision Kev only sees and a work rate up there with kante. Sounds the perfect midfielder doesn't it? But he lacks the ability to slow it down.

So if we could have covered 1 more position in the squad it would have been an aouar type player. Kev is getting the assists but his performances aren't the same. He looks drained and if he is off it at the min there's no David to pick up the slack.

My mind changes every game haha. I thought we did well. Ake, dias & torres are all 10/10 so far. I thought lb was a big letdown though. Then ake played there and I thought ok with ake, mendy and cancelo it might be OK.
Then I thought cdm was our main issue, rodri is great against certain teams but a more mobile cdm is required against others. But the back four looks solid now so it isn't a huge issue.
So, is it the wings that are the issue? Sterling on form is unbelievable, off form he is just a grafter. Mahrez is not what we need (just my opinion) but torres looks like he can be what we need and foden produces great numbers on the wing and bernado can do very well out there as well.
Midfield is where I'm at now. Who plays with kdb?
Gundogan - lovely guy, lovely player but fucks up our press.
Bernado - could be the answer but needs more time to perfect controlling the game.
Foden - kids a maverick, he's like the Mike Tyson of footballers. He wants to kill you with every move. Be it a shot, a through ball, a slalom dribble. His enthusiasm is addictive but sometimes id wish he would take a breath and slow down. He's the best I've seen for going past players since gazza, a goalscoring record lampard would love at his age, vision Kev only sees and a work rate up there with kante. Sounds the perfect midfielder doesn't it? But he lacks the ability to slow it down.

So if we could have covered 1 more position in the squad it would have been an aouar type player. Kev is getting the assists but his performances aren't the same. He looks drained and if he is off it at the min there's no David to pick up the slack.
Great post we are putting square pegs in round holes for me.playing foden wide doesnt suit his game and gundogan and rodri are to similar. And bernardo shud be more central.we are definately lacking width and we need someone with an engine at defensive mid.see what happens in jan.

Would give our summer business a B+

- Ruben Dias is exactly the centre-back we needed
- Torres is exciting and will keep improving
- Ake also looks really good so far, shame about injuries but much needed depth in what used to be a problem area

I hope we don't make any panic buys in January. Let's wait until next summer to make one or two high-profile signings (ideally, Messi and/or Haaland) and perhaps a new left-back (if Ake can't fit naturally in this role)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.