How do you feel about our success - Old Blues?

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored
Team supported
City and Darlington FC
Having a bit of a crisis on top of my mid life one.

Although I obviously want City to win the league its more for my kids sake.To be honest I am struggling with the fact that we, like everyone I have ever despised in football(SKY 4 inc Rags)are in effect buying the title.Its not how I imagined it to happen and I am struggling to come to terms with it.

I know non of it makes sense,I have seen us lose at Halifax etc and had to deal with Pinks who have never been near the swamp over the years but I was proud of the fact I was a proper football supporter.

I wonder if Im on my own with other Older Blues on here in thinking this way or do I just need some help?

I have to admit it was great working it up the reds in October but I got much more pleasure out of it in 2003 and 1989.

It has always got on my nerves when people say "Oh your buying the title" but name me one club who have not spent money and won the league?

You won't be able to. Look at how much Rags spent, Arsenal back in the day and Chelsea more recently! We have followed the same foot steps. If we didn't spend we would be a mid table/bottom half team every season like the rest of them.

To win anything in football you need two things:-

Money and Luck.

The scum have had more than their fair share of both over the years and now it's our turn (not sure about the luck thing though!)

Speaking as an Old Blue myself - just enjoy the ride and let's hope we live long enough to enjoy all that's inevitably (in my humble opinion, while the Sheikh's money is still there!) coming our way!

Tbilisi said:
Having a bit of a crisis on top of my mid life one.

Although I obviously want City to win the league its more for my kids sake.To be honest I am struggling with the fact that we, like everyone I have ever despised in football(SKY 4 inc Rags)are in effect buying the title.Its not how I imagined it to happen and I am struggling to come to terms with it.

I know non of it makes sense,I have seen us lose at Halifax etc and had to deal with Pinks who have bnever been near the swamp over the years but I was proud of the fact I was a proper football supporter.

I wonder if Im on my own with other Older Blues on here in thinking this way or do I just need some help?

I have to admit it was great working it up the reds in October but I got much more pleasure out of it in 2003 and 1989.

i first started going to maine road as a nipper with my dad about 1957-58. i`ve seen some great stuff and i`ve seen plenty of shit, and can honestly say i`ve never had a no speaking tea after a win and i`ve never got fed up with watching good and winning football.

you my friend must have serious mental issues.

How do you feel about our success - Old Blues ?

Know how you feel,I am 49 and while I know for a fact we could not win this league without this major investment,I find I am trying to adapt to being a supporter of a successful team,a rare feeling after years of ups and mostly downs...it does take a certain mental adjustment,my overriding feeling is not to become Rag like,expecting us to win and remaining fair minded as always,
but revelling in the almost certain trophies to follow...

Re: How do you feel about our success - Old Blues ?

WEMBLEY76 said:
Know how you feel,I am 49 and while I know for a fact we could not win this league without this major investment,I find I am trying to adapt to being a supporter of a successful team,a rare feeling after years of ups and mostly downs...it does take a certain mental adjustment,my overriding feeling is not to become Rag like,expecting us to win and remaining fair minded as always,
but revelling in the almost certain trophies to follow...

That some's it up perfectly.

Prime example was when I was walking from the hawthornes on boxing day and two lads talking to each other saying we was shit and we should never draw with the teams like WBA away etc. I walked faster to make sure it was blues and not WBA fans and it was! I was thinking it was a good point and a few years back we would of lost that game!

Maybe I see things differently after being there when we was shit?

I was thinking this this morning but about how id feel after we won a title.
I felt that I wouldnt mind if we got sold and when back to being normal city.
Its like the thrill of the chase if you know what I mean.
Then I thought what small minded bullshit. Im thinking this because im still used to us not being in this position.
As I think you are my friend.

When I think of us potentially one day smashing Barcelona to bits not just utd and thinking that our club could be the centre of the footballing world I realise that I want it more than anything.

We have been on the brink of just becoming a no mark club no so long ago and to have been blessed the way we have been, well I feel a cheeky bastard for having those thoughts.

Listen mate you are obviously City through and through just sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

Who else has been through what we've been through? Bloody hell we deserve our time in the sun again at long last after all that. We'd still be here anyway if we were shit. But we're not! Happy days. Don't sweat it.

whilst not necessarly admitting to be an old blue

I find the idea of a sucessful City as" feeling quite natural "
Grownig up in the late sixties and seventies I was used to seeing City play good football and winning things and thats what were are doing now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.