How far did you walk to school ?

0.5 Mile to primary and 1.5mile to High school. The walk home was my favorite part of the day just messing about with your mates having a laugh (We had 11 forms of 30 in our year so chances of having class with your mates wasn't high)

About a mile to walk each way to Infants and Junior school.
I had a 5 mile bus ride each way to Senior school, but sometimes walked so I could spend my bus fare on sweets!

Our house backed onto my primary school, so occasionally used to climb the back fence. Usually at weekends though, so I could get on the fields with my mates and play footy in the nets, or ride my bike down the big hill (until I fell off and broke my nose)

Secondary school was about 3 miles. Always used to walk, never got a lift. Walking back used to be via the shops, calling into Hamsons (now greggs) for reduced donuts just before they closed at 4pm. Just pissing around walking back up the fields

In year 10, two of my mates (the sort who were 6ft and had a full beard at 15) bought a car off eBay so they used to go to school driving that. I was much happier walking with my cheap donut!

My walk to school was about a mile but i didn't always walk. My mum had a job waking me up and sometimes she'd come in my bedroom and put a cold wet sponge on my face to get me out of bed. If i was late she'd insist on giving me a lift on the back of her Honda 90 which i hated as some from my school would take the piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.