How good was Paul Lake?

Gandalf Blue

I've heard a lot about him but he was a little bit before my time. Seen the videos and he looked class though!

What do you all think he could have achieved throughout his career? England captain?

he had a Bobby moore air about him with a bit of Colin Bell no doubt he would have been an england regular

has very good taste in music to ,can often be seen at green man type gigs

He was superb in a word and at the time was better all round than gazza watched him emerge as a talent and was devestated after his repeated failed attempts at getting back to full fitness !

p.s would love him to have a roll at city i belive he is a fully qualified physio

Genuine quality player who's potential wasnt really realised due to a far too early exit from the game. Had immense stature for a young bloke, really comfortable on the ball, and bags of football intelligence, to be honest i doubt we would have kept him for long back then.

I was at the Villa night game when he got clattered which was bad enough in itself, but also got my car broke into, even after paying the little Moss Side scrotes double to look after it!!!Drove 140 miles home without a drivers window in, and it was bloody cold.

Bad night all round, but Lakey, yeh, all the rumours are true.

Cheltblue said:
Genuine quality player who's potential wasnt really realised due to a far too early exit from the game. Had immense stature for a young bloke, really comfortable on the ball, and bags of football intelligence, to be honest i doubt we would have kept him for long back then.

I was at the Villa night game when he got clattered which was bad enough in itself, but also got my car broke into, even after paying the little Moss Side scrotes double to look after it!!!Drove 140 miles home without a drivers window in, and it was bloody cold.

Bad night all round, but Lakey, yeh, all the rumours are true.

On the way I home I always remember that on Radio they said they expected him to be fit for weekend!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.