How good were The Who

The soundtrack to Quadrophenia genuinely changed my life. Finally got to see them live in the 02, Greenwich a couple of years ago. Even though they've been at it for decades, the power was still very much there.

They are a truly brilliant band at their best. Townshend is literally a genius.

The classic line-up was sensational live.

Going to see them all being well next year (gig postponed from this year).

My favourite band ever, a four piece inc vocals, uncompromising with a "take it or leave it" attitude.Not the best technically, not the most popular, and certainly not the most commercial, and I can understand why some dont rate them as high as some of their contempories. However, if every band played to their best in a concert, the Who would top the lot, but only the original line up. They also pushed the boundaries with rock operas, early synths, use of lasers in live acts along with stereo/quadrophonic sound. They stood out in some of the great festivals like Woodstock and Isle of Wight and had one of the true mental rock legends in Keith Moon. If I had to pick one bands music as all I was allowed to listen to for the rest of my life, it would be The Who, and I make no apologies for that, as I would be very happy.

The soundtrack to Quadrophenia genuinely changed my life. Finally got to see them live in the 02, Greenwich a couple of years ago. Even though they've been at it for decades, the power was still very much there.
Fabulous album. My older brother had it. It got me interested. I hadn’t really heard much up until that other than my generation.
New little except they used to smash up their instruments and hadn’t taken them seriously.

That album changed my mind. Got Tommy after that and started listening to more.

Townsend is a bit iffy, but he wrote great stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.