How long before we get into pot 1 for the Champions League

It will take a couple of very good seasons in Europe to move us closer to pot 1.

At least 3 seasons of good CL performances, more likely 5. We get a coefficient each year depending mainly on how well we've done in Europe, plus there's a national one that all teams get. The last 5 years get added together to give your total coefficient.

Our last 5 (oldest to newest) are 20, 3.6, 16.7, 20.1 & 10.3 giving a total of 70.7 (I've rounded up for simplicity).

Next season we drop our best coefficient but the year after we drop our worst. If we get 26 in each of the nest 2 seasons we'll have just under 100 in 2 seasons time, which would be top of pot 2.

Prestwich_Blue said:
At least 3 seasons of good CL performances, more likely 5. We get a coefficient each year depending mainly on how well we've done in Europe, plus there's a national one that all teams get. The last 5 years get added together to give your total coefficient.

Our last 5 (oldest to newest) are 20, 3.6, 16.7, 20.1 & 10.3 giving a total of 70.7 (I've rounded up for simplicity).

Next season we drop our best coefficient but the year after we drop our worst. If we get 26 in each of the nest 2 seasons we'll have just under 100 in 2 seasons time, which would be top of pot 2.

I worked it out on the basis that we would get 24 + the country coeff of 3.25, so i made it just over the hundred for 2015/16, still just in pot 2.

I think we've sneaked into pot 2 again this year but in many ways would've been easier in pot 3.

6one said:
I think we've sneaked into pot 2 again this year but in many ways would've been easier in pot 3.

No chance. To get into pot 2 this season, we need 3 teams with higher coefficient than us in the Play-off Round to get knocked out. Considering there are only five teams in that round with a higher coefficient, and that that round is seeded so they will be playing the likes of Pacos of Portugal and Real Sociedad for their places, I'd say it's unlikely that more than one of those teams will screw up.

I stand corrected. If expected teams qualify it's looking like we get a group of:

Bayern / Barca / Real / Porto / Benfica (Pot 1)

Atletico / Lyon / Shakhtar / Milan / Schalke / Marseille / CSKA / PSG (Pot 2)

Leverkusen / FC Copenhagen / Napoli / Anderlecht / Celtic / Steaua Bucuresti / APOEL Nicosia / Plzen (Pot 4)

By being in Pot 3, we avoid: Juve, Ajax, Dortmund, Galatasaray.

Obvious dangers are Atletico, Milan, PSG, Napoli.

Don't matter to me, look at the pots, Atletico, Shakhtar and PSG in Pot 2, hardly weak teams and Pot 3 could have City, Juve, BVB and Ajax! Even the weakest pot, 4 has Napoli. Whichever pot you are in, you could get a hard group. We are in Pot 3 but could end up with Benfica/Porto, Marseille and Copenhagen. Bayern, the reigning champs could end up with PSG, Juve and Anderlecht. Anderlacht wouldn't be too hard but Juve and PSG are good! There are so many good teams now it doesn't matter, although we are due some luck after the harsh draws of the past two seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.