How long does it take you to get home after a home match?

From Huddersfield...
Under an hour, getting there and back, including walking to and from the free on-street parking. And that's leaving after the whistle.

Between 60-90 minutes. It helps a lot if you can get past the traffic lights before the police close the road to let the away coaches through.

If I park in the North Car park and leave at the final whistle it takes between 2 and 2 and a half hours. I now dont bother waiting in the North Car park and on Alan Turing Way so at final whistle spend a good hour in Summerbee's Bar in the City Square and still get home between 2 and 2 and a half hours! I've left at 86 mins once, ran to car, raced down Alan Turing Way and been home in just after 20 mins! As you've gathered the North Car park isnt the best place to park!

Kenney_The_Blue said:
1.618034 said:
From Huddersfield...
Under an hour, getting there and back, including walking to and from the free on-street parking. And that's leaving after the whistle.

You do well to get to hudd in that time pal!

It's not as far away as people think, when I lived in Mcr it seemed like it was the other end of the earth but I can get into Town (Mcr) in 40-45 minutes easily, plus it's about parking away from the car-parks mate...

If I'm early enough (2hours) I can park opposite Grey Mare Lane market off Alan Turing Way (then go for a couple of beers in City Square) and if not, I park just off Ashton Old Rd. Adds about 10 minutes to the usually 5 minute walk, but getting away up Ashton Old Rd to the M60/M62, from either place, is very easy. It's busy after the game but it moves along nicely. I once parked in St Brigit's car park and it added about an hour to my getaway. All for an extra fiver! Never again.

15 minutes to car, then an hour to go 9 miles. It takes 30 minutes to get 30 yards off Cambrian Street onto Bradford Road. Its a nightmare, even worse after they turned the land from the burnt down mill on Upper Helena St into paid car parking space.

Nowadays, I have a pint in City Square and chew over the game, by the time I get back to the car, the traffic has all gone, and am back in my pile only around 10 minutes later than previous! Go figure!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.