How Long It Will Take Us to Win a Major Trophy?

Come on you doubters, be fair. Hughes says that we are making progress so next year my prediction is we get through to February in the FA cup then go out to Ipswich Town. In the Noddy Cup we will not be defeated by Brighton again as we will get through the first game but go out against Southend (keeping to the seaside theme).

Along with many other fellow Bluemooners, I was extremely fortunate to be following City during the Mercer-Allison years, when our annual expectations were usually met with some silverware. We just expected it, that's all, and we weren't disappointed.

Today I've listened to Fergie harrumph about winning the Premier League title again next year, even before this season is finally ended.

Sorry, but I don't get it. Is the Premier title in the sole ownership of MU that no other clubs are allowed to get a whiff of it ? It sounds that way, given MU's dominance.
Even if we were to win it ONCE, we'd probably not get true recognition because these days, you need to win it repeatedly, consecutively and in tandem with other silverware.

At best, all City can bluster about is another transfer window or two to get players in who can improve us. Assuming our management team remains in-situ, I don't see any major impact that will propel us into the Top 3 or 4.

Given other clubs domination of the English game, I can only hope we get within touching distance of a title or a domestic cup. Realistically, I can't see us ever getting to the same heights - we will always be behind the big boys, in potential, in pulling power and in performance. We've got a lot of lost years to make up for...Dr T laid some fresh groundwork, but it seems like we are just marking time rather than pushing on.

sput the wonder pig said:
mcfc92lad said:
Hello there Blues, today my question to you all is how long do YOU think it will take us to win a Major trophy seeming as we have a 33 years long dry spell and since we are giving mark hughes another one or two seasons do you think we May achieve a Major trophy next season or the season after if we get better which we will :)...What are your thoughts my fellow blues?

ages

yeah too long

To be honest, i dont give a shit, that question is something rags say. We are city, our time will come and when it does, its going to be glory glory man city and the whole of Manchester will be cheering. And the rags from the swamp will be silenced.

We seem destined to win jack shit for a very long time even when we are presented with an opportunity to do so. Im rapidly giving up on the idea.

I can not imagine us winning a trophy in my lifetime, hopefully it will happen one day, but this typical City bollocks is dragging on far too long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.