How Manchester City Could Break Even (A Damned Good Read)

Quote from Platini:

"Last year in Abu Dhabi, I met up with the owner of Manchester City and he promised they would live with the rules and regulations,"

He's on side already.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Breadsnapper said:
The only way it could be fair play would be if everyone had the same amount of money, which isn't going to happen, everyone paid the same tax etc etc etc. I really do believe that as we near the dreaded date there will be a major challenge through the courts. Surely this is some sort of restriction of business.
The article does in places make sense. The major flaw though is if the writer is such an expert and knows as much as or more than our owners team, then why isn't he worth £550 billion?

cos he wasn't born into a royal family sitting on a sea of oil...
Msybe but look at the business ventures that our owner and chairman are involved in. Also thus guy is writing on a blog, not a captain of industry.

jrb said:
By the Swiss Ramble.

Don't know if it's already been posted. Apologies if it has. Too much to copy and paste. <a class="postlink" href="http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-manchester-city-could-break-even.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/10 ... -even.html</a>

Its a fair article and covers many other clubs as well. Considering the paucity of financial information given to the public, then it is worth a read even if you do not get the terms.

Considering the perilous state of many clubs finances, it is not unexpected that someone is starting to try to establish a safety net for clubs to survive against the predatory instincts of some of their owners.

Only Arsenal and Spurs look likely to make a profit every year. In Spain even the likes of Barcelona are making a loss.

I don't think any team will be a victim to this fair play malarki. They'll be loopholes and backhanders for this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.