How many extra players do we need for next season?

Marvin

Europa League semis tonight & CL semis last night. FA Cup semis last weekend.
Imagine we'd beaten Sporting, we'd be playing 2 semis and trying to catch Utd in the League.

This season we fell away in January when Kompany was sent off in the FA Cup and we lost him for 4 games including both legs of the League Cup semi which effectively knocked us out of two Cup competitions.

Bad luck but something you expect at some time in the season.

January was the killer. Loads of games, African Nations Cup which we'll have again, injuries and suspensions.

I don't think we need more players next season because

1) Tevez will either be here, or he will be replaced. One extra top quality player makes a big difference. Imagine Utd without Rooney.
2) Balotelli and Kompany have missed half a season between them. That surely wont be repeated
3) We have a very young squad, and some players will be looking to make the step up next season eg Savic, Rekik, Suarez, Guidetti, Razak etc. Even if it's just for Cup games

We've got good enough replacement cover in most areas, but IMO we desperately need central defensive cover of a higher standard than Savic. Central defenders pick up a lot more injuries and having just him as a replacement just isn't good enough for the standard we need to be consistently at. Too many mistakes in that lad for my liking, no matter how solid a game he seems to be having you just get the feeling that he's just one slip away from dropping a massive bollock (...again!)

Are any of the youngsters you quoted really ready to step up yet? Suppose we won't know until we try.

But any incomings will be balanced by outgoings I think.

Regarding the younger players I think Savic is good, and a few of the other players have done well on loan. Utd, Arsenal etc have all used fringe players with experienced players in their Cup teams and even League games against weak opponents at home. We should do more of that to ensure the team is strong throughout the entire season

It will depend on who leaves obviously and who is available.

The manager will replace any player in the team if a better one in that position becomes available and is willing to come here.

In the first team Hart,Kompany,Ya YA Toure,Silva,Aguero and if he stays Tevez are nailed on.The rest are replacable if better quality becomes available.

We don't need a bigger squad than this current one IMO. We just need better quality. We can't afford to let someone go months AWOL again (yes, Tevez im looking at you).

We need better CB back-up than Kolo who is in decline. And Savic who has been pure garbage this season.

We could also improve the quality in midfield. Without Yaya it looks kinda avarge. De Jong should be sold.

Wingers. AJ isn't good enough. We could do with 2 new wide players.

3 quality strikers. Aguero/Balo/Tevez/Dzeko..1 should go. If 2 goes...then we need 1 more.

if you believe the media the following are leaving

tevez
balotelli
dzeko
silva
aguero
johnston
de jong

so we need 7 players just to replace the above, but dont worry we are linked with

van persie
ronaldo
hazzard
bale
modric

the media wankers will be in overdrive in the next few weeks

We've used fewer players in the league than all but two lower table teams. Says to me that Mancini is not impressed enough by our vaunted "depth" to use them much, think we could see a fair few players, especially if a lot are leaving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.