How many extra players do we need for next season?

Chris in London said:
Savic is plainly a talented footballer but his decision making has been shocking at times this season. The way forward for him IMO is a loan season out, which of course did wonders for joe hart.

On that subject, has anyone seen much of Boyata since he has been at bolton? It would be nice to think we have ready made cover at centre back if any two of VK, JL and kt are not available.
This^^

-- Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 am --

Chris in London said:
Savic is plainly a talented footballer but his decision making has been shocking at times this season. The way forward for him IMO is a loan season out, which of course did wonders for joe hart.

On that subject, has anyone seen much of Boyata since he has been at bolton? It would be nice to think we have ready made cover at centre back if any two of VK, JL and kt are not available.
This^^<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 am --<br /><br />
Chris in London said:

This^^

Javi Martinez in for Kolo Toure (Savic will get better and needs to go out on loan for a few months early next season).

Lavezzi in and Johnson out on loan for a few months.

Hazard in

Higuain in if Tevez goes.

Thank you Sheikh Mansour.

I Do not see why milner can't do barry's role. people seem to love him this season he's done better i still watch games and he is the only one who on a regular basis gives away needless fouls get beat and who gives the ball away. i think we can do much much better than barry in the middle and in fact in milner i think we have a replacement or one of the following

J.martinez
Modric if he leaves spurs.

Damocles said:
I'd like:

Bale. If Spurs don't qualify for the CL, he could go and we could replace Kolarov. I think Kola is a good player but Bale is an upgrade. He would give us that missing width and I'm sure Dzeko would benefit.

Xavi. With Barca losing the title, Thiago coming on and Xavi getting on in age, Barca might be tempted. He's said previously that he wants to play in England, and our wage structure and style of play might attract him. We need that type of Pizarro player and he's only on loan.

Munian. Young lad who is one of those types of strikers that we like. Skillful, can finish, has a great touch and good vision. Pacey too.

This would mean Tevez, Kola, Pizarro, Hargreaves, Bridge, Adebayor, and RSC would go. Michael Johnson too. We'd probably break even transfer fee wise and have a net gain on wages.

Do you really believe Bale would play as a fullback here? He seems less inclined to defend as his transition progresses.

Strength in depth is what we need, as many have said.

Sign Pizarro please.

Then get a winger (Bale) and another CM/DM.

Guidetti to first team.

prairiemoon said:

Sign Pizarro please.

Guidetti to first team.
Good shout to sign Pizarro<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:41 pm --<br /><br />
prairiemoon said:

Sign Pizarro please.

Guidetti to first team.
Good shout to sign Pizarro

Marvin said:
Europa League semis tonight & CL semis last night. FA Cup semis last weekend.
Imagine we'd beaten Sporting, we'd be playing 2 semis and trying to catch Utd in the League.

This season we fell away in January when Kompany was sent off in the FA Cup and we lost him for 4 games including both legs of the League Cup semi which effectively knocked us out of two Cup competitions.

Bad luck but something you expect at some time in the season.

January was the killer. Loads of games, African Nations Cup which we'll have again, injuries and suspensions.

I don't think we need more players next season because

1) Tevez will either be here, or he will be replaced. One extra top quality player makes a big difference. Imagine Utd without Rooney.
2) Balotelli and Kompany have missed half a season between them. That surely wont be repeated
3) We have a very young squad, and some players will be looking to make the step up next season eg Savic, Rekik, Suarez, Guidetti, Razak etc. Even if it's just for Cup games

4 at very least

New striker
New Winger
New Centre Half
New Midfield player - an Alonso type

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.