How many have seen us beat Arsenal way before tonight ?

oakiecokie said:
cleavers said:
We've definitely been in the clock end, just not that night. We used to be in the corner of it, both standing and seated.

Thanks Cleavers,thought my old grey matter was taking a turn for the worse.However I do seem to remember being more directly behind the clock than in a corner,but again I`m going back to the late 1960-early 70`s.

That match in question is the only time I remember the bulk of the City fans being in that small paddock. Don't forget there wasn't always formal segregation in those days, for some reason a lot of us gravitated to that part of the ground when we got in.

The following season (76/77) a few of us went back to try and get in the same area and the stewards wouldn't let us in, we had to go to the top of the Clock End terrace right behind the goal where a few cops formed a loosely segregated area.

This has got me fishing out all my old programmes and i have found the 71/72 programme when we beat them 2-1

I was there we bought seat tickets on the day opposite the main stand cost 75p or so , remember towards the end with city under the cosh rodney marsh cleared a ball from our area and dropped it dead in the arsenal half just too far for the keeper to come out led to a mad dash by both sides , went the year before aswell lost 2 - o streaker on the pitch

Yes i was there that satday afternoon oct75 we were all down the side we won 3-2.went with pete harris steve bennet and alan smith,went drinking down the high st after the match met a few local girls in the pub then the fellas came in we were chased up and down the high st,i ran into a tower block up the stairs fuckers were behind me so i bang on this door it opened and i went in and closed it behind me lol.

Wasn't at the 3-2 in '75 but was there the first time we beat them away in '95 (that'll be 1895 btw). September 7th I think it was. Great weekend, went down by steam train and stayed at a mates I'd met in a workhouse. South of the river in them days too. Was there last night as well.

I am sure I was at that game, I had just turned 11, I would have been sat in the stand where the TV Gantry was with my old man. Went to a lot of games around that time & unfortunately they all seam to merge into one. I recall one game was shortly after they had signed Malcolm Mcdonald and another Mick Channon scored a Free Kick, but don't know if that was the same game though.

I always recall the City fans were in the Clock end and recall there being trouble on a few occasions, with no real segregation.

closest ive been was at highbury not long ago when shauny smashed in that screamer, then ljungberg bagged an offside equaliser. brilliant result.

cleavers said:
MSP said:
1975. was the last time
But were you there ?

I was at Arsenal that day back in 1975 'Cleavers' , and we almost made a right balls of things after being three goals up .......... i was sat on the top deck of the stand that was opposite the tunnel at Highbury , and went on a Finglands coach ........ a few of their yobs were after causin' trouble near the coaches later , but the cops on bikes fucked them off before they got the chance to actually cause any!

There were a few hundred City fans in the Clock End , scattered here and there , but you had to watch your backs in those days as Arsenal yobs were also in there ..... and it was likely that most of those City fans travelled down on the special train.

Nealy said:
Wasn't at the 3-2 in '75 but was there the first time we beat them away in '95 (that'll be 1895 btw). September 7th I think it was. Great weekend, went down by steam train and stayed at a mates I'd met in a workhouse. South of the river in them days too. Was there last night as well.
Hahaha, train took 2 days then though, so I'm not sure I believe you, you'd never have got two days off from the workhouse in those days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.