How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a goal difference of + 15 better than the Rags , so surely its just ten points to win the league

Villa (mid table nothing to play for)W
Palace (mid table nothing to play for) W
Chelsea (playing for top four) D
Geordies ( will be safe from relegation) W

The Rags have

Leeds (mid table nothing to play for, but a grudge match) W
Dippers (playing for top four and another grudge match) D
Villa (mid table nothing to play for) W
Leicester (playing for top four) D

If Pep had played different players we would have beaten both the Rags and Leeds and the title would have been won, (can understand changes for the Leeds game for the Champs league but when he ommitted Foden and Bernardo agaisnt the Rags we lacked energy) , but now with the Rags riding their luck we need to finish the season strongly.
Goal difference isn't quite the non-factor you are making out. For United to overtake us, they would need to win three games. They are currently gaining around +2 per game. At the same time, we would need to lose three or draw most of ours. Assume three single goal deficits for us, and that's nine of the fifteen goals made up. Throw in another possible Southampton scenario, and that's our GD blown away.

Edit. I don't see it happening though.

Goal difference isn't quite the non-factor you are making out. For United to overtake us, they would need to win three games. They are currently gaining around +2 per game. At the same time, we would need to lose three or draw most of ours. Assume three single goal deficits for us, and that's nine of the fifteen goals made up. Throw in another possible Southampton scenario, and that's our GD blown away.

Edit. I don't see it happening though.
Myself and every bookie in the land agrees

After the derby I bet £50 on them at 200-1. It’s pure insurance: You hope you never need it, it can never replace what you’ve lost, but can come in handy. It’s making me a bit less anxious. Only a bit mind but money well spent.

Anyone who thinks this is over is a dick.

I think if we end up relying on goals then that 15 would have gone down to +2 or 3 because they would have won there matches while we draw or lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.