How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So....12 points clear with 12 games to play and the derby next weekend.

If we win the next 2 I think we’ll record the biggest points margin ever, beating our own record of 19pts in 17/18

we’d be 15 clear with 10 games left and I think their heads would go

Just have to get a draw vs united and we are flying...Hopefully we win the CL this year too..

So....12 points clear with 12 games to play and the derby next weekend.

If we win the next 2 I think we’ll record the biggest points margin ever, beating our own record of 19pts in 17/18

we’d be 15 clear with 10 games left and I think their heads would go

The real advantage as I see it is in the fact we could rest players in league and concentrate on winning the CL. Could end up being a great season

Let this sink in.

United next set of fixtures.

Playing Devils Advocate. I've highlighted the matches in bold United should win.

That doesn't mean the matches I haven't highlighted in bold they shouldn't win or at least draw.

Obviously it never works out as predicted, and I expect United to win more games, but I have United down for at least another 6 PL wins and 18 points.

Palace A.
City A.
Milan H.
West Ham H.
Milan A.
Leicester A.(FA Cup)
Brighton H.
Spurs. A.
Burnley H.
Leeds. A.
Liverpool H.
Villa. A.
Leicester H.
Fulahm H.(too late)
Wolves. A.(too late)
I’d tend to agree.

Another poster alluded to the fact their fixture vs Liverpool could very well be the day that we win the league.

Would be almost poetic if Liverpool took points from United to secure City’s title.

That's how the Chelsea game played out today. They'll play draws against us, Liverpool, Leicester and of the other top 7 or 8. They rightly aren't playing to catch us now, and top four this season could be the biggest windfall for any club after a season without fans.

I think they lose a huge amount of their Adidas sponsorship too if they don’t qualify for CL. That means strong sides in Europa League too. They have some hard games left. CL qualification is not a given.

Just have to get a draw vs united and we are flying...Hopefully we win the CL this year too..
I think it’s fairly safe to say the minimum we will end the season with us the league title which I’d have snatched your hand off for in August.

A league cup final that we (should) win

An FA Cup that we are odds-on to win (albeit we’ll probably have to beat Chelsea or United at some point)

A CL where were as good as through to the quarters and looking like we have the perfect balance of attack/defence for European football.

Not getting too carried away but now that we can afford to rotate the team in the league we have a serious chance of doing all 4 and Pep knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.