How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 wins isnt it? No matter what those red fuckers do
Four wins and two draws will suffice.

That assumes that the Rags win all their remaining matches by a sufficient margin to overcome City's 24 goal difference advantage.

That assumes that they will win their last 10 League matches straight. That hasn't happened for a while. However they have managed to win four of their last 10 Premier League matches!

Reality check!

Given.

Brighton.
Burnley.
Fulham.
Wolves.

12 points.

EB526468-C48-E-411-F-A2-F2-A2-F50-A94-D7-B6.png

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they dropped points in all them games tbh.
But even if they did win all those games and by some miracle win the others as well it wouldn’t even matter as we have not dropped 11pts in the last 8 games since the first year of the takeover under Hughes when they dropped 12pts.

Judging from their team selection and lack of substitutions last night I would guess that United are front loading their priorities, so that CL qualification is virtually guaranteed by mid April and they can then focus on the two cup competitions whilst rotating in the PL

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they dropped points in all them games tbh.
But even if they did win all those games and by some miracle win the others as well it wouldn’t even matter as we have not dropped 11pts in the last 8 games since the first year of the takeover under Hughes when they dropped 12pts.
This is the key point I've tried to make a few times. For us not to win the league from this position we'd have to be worse than Mancini's last season, worst than Pellegrini's last season, and worse than Pep's first season. By some distance. We'd basically have to be as bad as we were before the takeover. Look at the team back then, then look at the team now. It isn't happening.

Judging from their team selection and lack of substitutions last night I would guess that United are front loading their priorities, so that CL qualification is virtually guaranteed by mid April and they can then focus on the two cup competitions whilst rotating in the PL
Which is sensible, tbh. CL and a cup would be as good a season as they could have hoped for at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.