How much do we owe SWP ?

I was at a bus stop in the middle of nowhere in Anglesey when I rang my mum and she said we've just sold him.. we were so deflated. And to this day, when we drive past that bus stop a couple of times a year it's always "the Shaun Wright-Phillips bus stop"! Literally say it as we drive past. As well as being happy we have a car nowadays as back then it was 4 buses and an hours walk to get to the heaven of penmon point from our Llandudno holiday, but that's a separate topic!
Right til the end last year my brilliant mum still used her swp 27 keyring.
Great player, great memories.

He was better than Ronaldo the season before he left for Chelsea. Mourinho spent 2 years trying to make him into a central midfielder for some reason.
So did Kevin Keegan. In Hamburg Germany...in a Friendly match.
Massive big Fuck off stadium , I'm sitting high in the gods, looking down on tiny SWP playing centre midfield.Wow.
Loved Keegan and his manic ideas.cant remember the score,the German beer was strong ,..but Great trip abroad.

Last edited:
I was at a bus stop in the middle of nowhere in Anglesey when I rang my mum and she said we've just sold him.. we were so deflated. And to this day, when we drive past that bus stop a couple of times a year it's always "the Shaun Wright-Phillips bus stop"! Literally say it as we drive past. As well as being happy we have a car nowadays as back then it was 4 buses and an hours walk to get to the heaven of penmon point from our Llandudno holiday, but that's a separate topic!
Right til the end last year my brilliant mum still used her swp 27 keyring.
Great player, great memories.
Brilliant.

Easily our best player in those days and just about home grown aswell in my eyes. All round nice guy and a blue. Love him to bits, I was literally devastated when he was sold, he was essence of Keegans free flowing attacking football and I had hopes we could build the team arround him. I didn't really know how close we were to going under as a club then either.

I remember being at Macclesfield away pre season friendly when he didn’t play and news filtered through we’d sold him I was absolutely gutted, but when he came home it was just absolutely superb for us , the 4-1 against the rags at home was probably my favourite game I can remember from him. Loved the fella .
I'm sure he was warming up on the pitch and some back room staff came on had a word and took him off ?
The night before we played at Tramere and again I'm sure he played ?
I imagined Chelsea said "right final offer take or leave it" !

Three transfers pissed me off , SWP , Flitcroft and Lillis , all sold because our club was skint so when opposing fans sing WWYWYWS , we know why because they probably have to deal with the devastation of selling your best players. We have been through that and come out the other side thanks to massive investment , its great that we do not have to sell any players unless we dont want to but it hasnt always been like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.