How much do we owe SWP ?

I'm sure he was warming up on the pitch and some back room staff came on had a word and took him off ?
The night before we played at Tramere and again I'm sure he played ?
I imagined Chelsea said "right final offer take or leave it" !
I think your right , thinking about it now

Three transfers pissed me off , SWP , Flitcroft and Lillis , all sold because our club was skint so when opposing fans sing WWYWYWS , we know why because they probably have to deal with the devastation of selling your best players. We have been through that and come out the other side thanks to massive investment , its great that we do not have to sell any players unless we dont want to but it hasnt always been like that.
In what universe is/was Lillis one of our “best” players? He loved City, granted. But he was bang average- and that’s being (very) kind.

One of the handful of players who made being a City fan bearable growing up in Rag infested Salford during early 2000s. Great player to watch had magic in his boots until Mourinho coached it out of him.

Shauny Wright Wright Wright!
Dead right.

SWP saved us from financial disaster when we sold him. He was one of a long line of such deals starting with Kinky to ajax. Bob Taylor - we got over £1m for him and that cept us running for a couple of months when things were bleak. Then we got back to the top and Kev K spent silly money and we were nearly in the shit again. That is where we sold swp. £21m was by far the biggest lump we had in the pre 2008 era.

My first love, broke my heart when we had to sell him.
Same. Remember being in a hotel in London that had all the morning papers laid out in reception. This was 2005, so back in the days when we obviously didn't have access to the internet 24/7. I picked up the Mail or the Express or something and saw on the back page, "Mourinho gets his man". Was only 11 years old at the time. Ruined the day.

Fast forward three years to 2008, I'm on a camping holiday in Wales. Again, this was back in the days when all I really had for entertainment on a rainy campsite was sitting in the car flicking between Radio 1 and Radio 5. When the headline came through that we'd signed him again I jumped out the car and did a lap of the campsite, screaming.

Shauny never really ripped up any trees when he came back. He did well enough under Hughes but by the time Mancini arrived he was slowing down and it got quite hard to watch him. I was still so glad that we won something with him, even if he was injured for the FA Cup final in 2011. He did on get on in the semi vs. United.

Was just a nice way to say goodbye. He'd been a shining light in dark days, the kind of player you paid to watch. As a kid one of my strongest memories of City is that clatter of seats flipping up and a quiet hum spreading round the ground whenever Shauny picked the ball up. The entire stadium going "Go on Shaun" like a dull whisper.

SWP really was a brilliant player, even now I get excited when I see him.

Top bloke, Dogs bollox of a player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.