How much has Spurs spent? Megson says £200m

Re: How much has Spurs spent? Megson says £200m

bluenova said:
mat said:
This is what pissed me off about the medias attitude to our summer spending.

bentwatt was only a few mill behind us yet there was no outcry he was ruining football.

er....we spent £98m net and they spent £2.5m.

All the managers (and directors of football etc) comings and goings have meant Spurs have bought and sold a lot over the last few years and that wastes money, but it does give the impression of spending more than they have (eg the bizarre situation where two of their top three signings were sold and bought back).

thought they spent around 85 mill?

What a daft twonk am i.

They've spent a shed load and they have recouped a lot of money this window but thats then leaving out the millions they orignally spent on those players a few seasons ago. Spurs have spent just as much if not more than at least half of the sky four over the years (arsenal and liverpool) and have always underachieved greatly.

bluenova said:
skybluekings said:
Spurs have spent £200m.

Yeah, but £190m was spent buying Pascal Chimbonda thirty eight times and then selling him on. It's a bit like VAT Carousel fraud where you import the same goods over and over again to repeatedly claim the VAT on them. Not that I'm suggesting anything other than he was a bit bobbins.

you watched UK border force as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the last 5 or 6 years 190m has been spent and 160m has been recouped. Spurs are probably spending 6-7m a season max if you average it out. They also have a wage bill of around 54m, half of any top 4 club. That's why they operate at a profit and had less than 30m debt before TV revenue was given this season

I wish bloody Megson would stop going on about money. After the Bolton match, last game of last season, he was banging on about us spending money. Its just makes him seem like a bitter old muppet, looking over at what his neighbours have and feeling jealous he doesn't have the same. Alot of managers would love to have alot of money to spend, but they don't bang on about it, whenever they play a team thats spent alot. He should just keep his gob shut, and focus on the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.