How much is enough?

the answer will very much be related to how large your mortgage/rent is and how many mouths/wives you have to feed
Definitely missing the Euro aways, more than any of the other games tbh. They do add up though even on a budget
I'm even considering next season going even if I can't get in the ground - both in Madrid and Milan this season I didn't manage 90 minutes in the ground but both evenings were f*cking awesome anyway

I'm even considering next season going even if I can't get in the ground - both in Madrid and Milan this season I didn't manage 90 minutes in the ground but both evenings were f*cking awesome anyway

The game is the worst part of those trips

As a household we earn around £35k, and we lead exactly the lifestyle we want to, and still manage to save around £15k a year. We are minimalist, we are anti consumerist and most importantly, we are incredibly happy.

Never been into the big house, fancy car, all the best technology lifestyle.

you're already onto a loser by starting this thread and comparing yourself to everyone. Once you can let go what you think people think of you, you'll be perfectly happy on whatever makes you happy.

A lot depends on how much debt you are servicing. 40-50k should be adequate for anyone, but if you are mortgaged to the hilt, have a couple of maxed credit cards and a financed new car on the drive all of a sudden you don't have much disposable income. Probably no better off than someone on 25K who is debt free

Debt free is the key without a doubt, £25k per year should be plenty for a couple to live on once you've reached that status......at least it better be because that's my figure once I go for early retirement in 4 years and 9 months time

I’m single and live alone so I could do with being on about £10k/yr more than I am. Paying for everything yourself is tough when you’re a top Premier League club seasoncard holder, enjoy going to gigs and you’re into nice clobber.

I made the choice to stop going to any away games that were priced over £50/ticket about ten years ago and now they’re £30 I tend to be below the required points for many games. If I’d just been on a bit more money I’d still have been a home and away fan (saying that, even me affording £50+ a ticket wouldn’t have done much for the rest who couldn’t justify that, everyone should have boycotted those games back then!)

I got rid of my car earlier this year n’all. For three reasons really: my health (now cycling everywhere), the environment, but mostly to give me more spare cash.

Depends on your house n’all. I live in a flat right in Alty town centre. I wouldn’t move 1-2miles South into the posh areas of Hale and Bowden in a big house even if I had the money. Suburbia is fucking boring! Nowt going on, no community. And you pay extra for that.

If I met a girl I could share the bills with, my life would be great on the salary I’m on. But I haven’t met anyone I’d want to give up the carefree life and peaceful evenings alone in the flat you get with being single yet.

But then add kids to that and you’re talking spare cash altering offspring to keep alive.

I'll soon find out as I'm starting a job on 25k after being made redundant from my 35k a year job. It's made us look at what we are spending money on that we really don't need to. Expecting things to be tight but hopefully there'll be a chance to progress

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.