How much longer

spurspinter1 said:
By many of Bluemoon's very own definition, it wasn't a dive, he went down easily. From what I can make out there was contact, if you call that a dive, you are calling many of your own players divers.

If you go down easily you're diving, no matter what team you play for IMO.

Put it this way, would you not have been annoyed if your manager didn't make a comment on the referee's performance if you were on the receiving end of that diabolical show?

No

You shouldn't punish managers for saying things which are true, you should be focussing a bit more on the performance of the referee.

Of course you can punish managers. There is a set of rules which all managers should adhere to.

Probably flogging a dead horse here, but the 1st yellow card was ridiculous as well. Kaboul gets hauled down to the ground in the most blatant way possible and ends up getting booked for complaining about it?

Justified yellow IMO.

His 2nd yellow was less of a foul then a foul which Woodgate committed when he was already on a yellow in the 1st half

Agreed

moomba said:
spurspinter1 said:
By many of Bluemoon's very own definition, it wasn't a dive, he went down easily. From what I can make out there was contact, if you call that a dive, you are calling many of your own players divers.

If you go down easily you're diving, no matter what team you play for IMO.

[b]I don't like to see players go down easily, but if there's contact then by direct definition it isn't diving, it's gone down easily, it's all semantics anyway[/b]

Put it this way, would you not have been annoyed if your manager didn't make a comment on the referee's performance if you were on the receiving end of that diabolical show?

No

Then you are more restrained than myself, I want there to be as much pressure on Foy and his officials as possible, to either make them take a severe look at themselves and focus on improving their refereeing abilities or to simply give it up if they realise they are not up to standard. Seemingly there is no official way for managers/players/fans to criticise the performance of a referee so the post match interview is one of the only ways of doing this.

You shouldn't punish managers for saying things which are true, you should be focussing a bit more on the performance of the referee.

Of course you can punish managers. There is a set of rules which all managers should adhere to.

If you can punish managers for telling the truth then you should be able to punish referee's for being inept. What did Harry say that wasn't true?

Probably flogging a dead horse here, but the 1st yellow card was ridiculous as well. Kaboul gets hauled down to the ground in the most blatant way possible and ends up getting booked for complaining about it?

Justified yellow IMO.

Can it really be justified considering what happened before it? Making the spectacles at the ref was probably a bad move but we consistently see much worse abuse directed at the ref from Chelsea players and Man Utd players in particular. If a spectacle gesture is worth a yellow then Chelsea would be down to 5 men by half time every game with what you can clearly lip read them saying.

His 2nd yellow was less of a foul then a foul which Woodgate committed when he was already on a yellow in the 1st half

Agreed

blue b4 the moon said:
Twitcher should be fined after today's after match press conference. He spent 5 mins slagging Foy off without actually saying anything directly and then capped it by saying he never calls referees.
His time will be coming in january..

I hope this twat is found guilty of everything!

I'm against technology and can understand human error with reffing (for the most part) it's easily to get caught ball watching or miss things. The amount of things missed by Foy yesterday was strange though, and the sending off of Kaboul was unbelievably poor judgment

Harry never complains about officials when we lose, same as when we had Jol too

It's daft though, if you don't make an interview you're fined, if you speak out of line then you're fined and charged too. What's the point?

When emotions are high straight after a match I think he kept it pretty much at bay. You know he was calling him a **** in his head. I think every other manager would criticize the ref too.

He's still not on Clatternburgs level though. Clatternburg I am sure has taken brown envelopes quite a few times, he is probably the worst ref I've seen in my lifetime

personally think managers should be allowed to criticise refs, its a game of emotion and 'human error' is part and parcel of the game and is one of the things i find most entertaining even though its shit when it happens against you, but these refs are missing stupid, obvious decisions and why cant managers criticise them? if it leaves the ref holding a grudge then the manager should be wary themselves of that but these refs are so incompetent, pick up their pay and even if theyre dropped they get reinstated not long after again, the monitoring, evaluation and training/maintaining of the refs isnt up to standard so a bit of criticism wouldnt go a miss, if id dropped a bollock id expect a bit of a bollocking so why shouldnt they?

if i didn't perform at work, i'd get a warning then get sacked or demoted.

if a player doesn't perform he gets dropped.

referee's should also be treated the same, they get away with some horrendous decisions.

As said on earlier posts, Ref's are making huge mistakes every weekend now in a lot of games.

If it is clear bias/ineptitude/crowd pressured, whatever it may be then they should be held to account for it by proper punishments, not just a week demotion to league 2 or whatever, what about warning/final warning/sack.

I think managers have every right to kick off if ref's are clearly inconsistent/biased without going to far but they should be allowed to give their opinion.

Most fans will accept that ref's are only Human and will make an odd mistake, we can forgive most but we can't forgive awful performances such as Atkinson's or Twattenbergs.

Agueroisablue said:
As said on earlier posts, Ref's are making huge mistakes every weekend now in a lot of games.

If it is clear bias/ineptitude/crowd pressured, whatever it may be then they should be held to account for it by proper punishments, not just a week demotion to league 2 or whatever, what about warning/final warning/sack.

I think managers have every right to kick off if ref's are clearly inconsistent/biased without going to far but they should be allowed to give their opinion.

Most fans will accept that ref's are only Human and will make an odd mistake, we can forgive most but we can't forgive awful performances such as Atkinson's or Twattenbergs.

They seem to be getting worse, though.They're all over the place in every respect. Why would that be?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.