"How Much"

bluelol

I see more comments on media reports and social networks sites these days on how much we have paid for this player/that player these days when, at the end of the day should anyone be concerned or interested because, what you or I think is not going to make one jot of difference. At the end of the day our owners and the people they employ, are far more knowledgeable about where are income will stretch and are probably a dam site more shrewd than we could perhaps ever be. So I repeat why should I or anyone be interested, when we all know the media are only trying to fill the copious amount of time they have over a twenty four hour period.

they like to have a pop at us. Custis on SSN this morning was going on about the fact that we've bought players in their late 20's so it doesn't fit in with the youth set up and holistic approach, surely the fact that we are buying players at this age shows that by the time they've reached the end of their time with us we hope to have youngsters coming through, unless of course he thinks we should blood them in the 1st team at 14 years old.

I dont actually care how much we pay as our owners without doubt will not spend a penny more than they need to so no worries on that front.

With regards to how the media portray our purchases does bother me as they are deliberately using the total figure including wages which isn't being used for other clubs so the armchair sheep just lap it up and our club then gets slagged off unfairly for spending when the truth is every club is spending big.

We are being made to look like we are paying completely crazy figures for players when we are not paying anything like the numbers mentioned.

charliebigspuds said:
they like to have a pop at us. Custis on SSN this morning was going on about the fact that we've bought players in their late 20's so it doesn't fit in with the youth set up and holistic approach, surely the fact that we are buying players at this age shows that by the time they've reached the end of their time with us we hope to have youngsters coming through, unless of course he thinks we should blood them in the 1st team at 14 years old.

I bet Custis never criticised the rags for splashing £25m on van Purstrings last Summer.

And he was what, 28?

They just love having a dig at us. The only way to answer them is to do it on the pitch. Win the title back and progress from the group stages in the CL, and it will have been worth the investment, IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.