How Peter Swales became City chairman

Love the imagery. There are two more instalments to go, then I'll be moving on to other areas covering City's past and present. Some of that will remain free. Other parts, including my research into Swales' time as chairman, will be subscription only.
Cheers for reply, I can't wait! And if you price the others reasonably then I'll have a bit of that too. Nice one.

He was like a Trojan horse. We were one of the most successful clubs in England with a growing fanbase when he took over. When he finally left we were skint and a comedy joke of a club. Thirty five years of mainly misery was down to him and his cronies.

He was like a Trojan horse. We were one of the most successful clubs in England with a growing fanbase when he took over. When he finally left we were skint and a comedy joke of a club. Thirty five years of mainly misery was down to him and his cronies.
A Trojan horse is a good analogy. Earlier in this thread I said I was going to mention some of Swales' business connections in Part 8. I ended up taking that part out as it went off on too much of a tangent. There's also a legal issue, as two of the people who I believe profited from City's decline are still alive, and are quite rich. They're also well known in the football world, though neither are viewed as being connected to City.

A Trojan horse is a good analogy. Earlier in this thread I said I was going to mention some of Swales' business connections in Part 8. I ended up taking that part out as it went off on too much of a tangent. There's also a legal issue, as two of the people who I believe profited from City's decline are still alive, and are quite rich. They're also well known in the football world, though neither are viewed as being connected to City.

There were many who believed he was actually a United fan such was the damage he did to our club. Looking back now it's inconceivable a club of our size went 35 years without even winning a league cup.

Remind you of another club .

There were many who believed he was actually a United fan such was the damage he did to our club. Looking back now it's inconceivable a club of our size went 35 years without even winning a league cup.
I don't think he ever claimed to be a City fan. Considering he was born in 1932, I think there's a good chance he supported United when he was younger, as they were doing much better than us. Most kids are just trophy hunters, after all.

The Flitcroft sale was appalling on so many levels, we splashed out most of the money we got for him on Nigel Clough who seems like a good bloke but was way past his best. We went down and sold two more of our best players Curle and Quinn allegedly cos they earned big wages but a year later spend a huge amount on Lee fucking Bradbury.
IIRC Lee Bradbury used to be in the forces, and on hearing of his imminent move to City, his commanding officer said "I hope he shoots better than he does in the army"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.