How should we feel about drawing Barca?

mcmanus said:
Pigeonho said:
How can there be any negativity about such a draw? It's not like we stumbled into the CL with a shit squad and will get destroyed, with our one and only campaign in the CL coming to a shitty end. We are a pot 1 team, squad wise, and Barca will not want this fixture one little bit.
It's 100% the best draw we could have hoped for.

Yup. Barca wouldn't have wanted to draw us.

Exactly this

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/the-front-page-of-el-mundo-deportivo-today-hoped-barcelona-wouldnt-draw-man-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/the-f ... -man-city/</a>?

manimanc said:
I just hope lee bradbury and jamie pollock are fit.......oops hang on I'm still in the york away thread......great draw,, we will attack from the off.....bring it on.

If Pollock doesn't shed a few pounds for this one we could be in trouble.

Seriously though - Another dream come true. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you

And even better is the fact that if I am lucky enough to get a ticket I will be sharing this with fellow blues who have shared the same eventful journey! Where do you get off the no 53 bus for Barcelona?

TGR said:
This is a brillant draw for us!
We've been waiting for games & nights like this for decades.
Bring it on.

I wonder if ITV will have our game over the rags this time? ;-)
Your right it will be on ITV . The only down side to that is we have to have that dreary bloke from Birmingham here .

Apparently the Barcelona equivalent of the MEN has led its coverage of the draw with "El City - No!" It argues that City are the team all the group winners wanted to avoid, but argues that no club wanted to draw them out of the hat either! Zubizaretta has greeted the tie with typical generosity, saying it has everything the football lover could want and that Barcelona will have the opportunity to welcome Ya Ya back for the first time since he left to come to city. For me it has everything the City fan could want, a final three months early, with the promise of more to come! They'll be favourites because of their experience, having reached the semis every years since 2007, I believe, but we can beat anyone. Great draw - Come on City!!!

Great draw this but i was glad it wasn't Atletico Madrid, Barcleona will be tough but they are not as good as they were, we just have to do what we have been doing in the league, and we have a good opportunity to advance.

We must battle to win both legs. Im not sure if MP has under his skillsets mindgames like Mancini has, but it would help if we psyche their players to doubt their confidence over us.

If they fear us we can beat them. If we fear them, they will beat us.

If we lose - so what? Concentrate on the league and domestic cups.

If we win
- through to the quarters where we could get the winners of Olympiakos v the rags or Chelsea v Galatasaray.
- eliminate one of the favourites and put the fear of god into the other 7 teams left in..
- give Messi something to think about and the perfect excuse to jump ship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.