how small we really are

I'm still travelling hopefully in the opposite direction with my copy of Readers Digest
(although some say it is better to travel in the Hope Valley than to arrive...)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFrKN7hJm64[/video]

There are about 120 trillion cells in each of us containing enough DNA (if it is lined up) to stretch from the earth to the moon 1000s of times!

According to an estimate made by engineers at Washington University, there are around 1014 atoms in a typical human cell.
so that's 100,000,000,000,000 or 100 trillion atoms in each of the 120 trillion cells or 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms in a 70 kg human.

Each of those atoms is made up of a number of protons, neutrons and electrons depending if they are oxygen, hydrogen or carbon atoms or to put it another way 93% of our body mass is made of stardust and the rest is big bang dust.

The inside of a cell and particularly how it all works has constantly been a mind boggling thing to learn about.

Specifically the origin of DNA is a huge mystery and to use a young person parlance for a second, that shit is cray cray

The inside of a cell and particularly how it all works has constantly been a mind boggling thing to learn about.

Specifically the origin of DNA is a huge mystery and to use a young person parlance for a second, that shit is cray cray

tonea2003 said:
hmmm, get the feeling a certain someone is trying introduce a intelligent desgin theme to this thread

Things can be marvelous and complex without being handled by a God. The marvel for me at least is in how they have evolved to work in such a way over billions of years

Damocles said:
tonea2003 said:
hmmm, get the feeling a certain someone is trying introduce a intelligent desgin theme to this thread

Things can be marvelous and complex without being handled by a God. The marvel for me at least is in how they have evolved to work in such a way over billions of years

totally agree 100%

you know i wasn't implying your good self?

tonea2003 said:
Damocles said:
tonea2003 said:

totally agree 100%

To be fair though, this thread didn't make it past the first page without religion being ridiculed - with no provocation whatsoever.

RP2 said:
tonea2003 said:
Damocles said:

totally agree 100%

To be fair though, this thread didn't make it past the first page without religion being ridiculed - with no provocation whatsoever.

as stated previously that was not the intention of this thread just the pure size and majesty of the universe
i can't answer for the poster who "ridiculed"
but i will respond if religious dogma is posted just a you would likewise

RP2 said:
tonea2003 said:
Damocles said:
totally agree 100%
No matter friend, we're all just happy to be here. Bouncing about randomly through infinity. All this marvellous, intelligent complexity is just a co-incidence, no divine agenda at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.