How the mighty have fallen

kingn6

Trying to put kids to sleep I was bored and started watching Bundesliga 2. Just realising how the might have fallen with both Hamburg ans Schalke slumming it in B2 for several seasons. Schalke are not even slumming it that well.

In the match I was watching Schalke were playing at home to Darmstadt (a team thst had yet to win this season). Schalke raise to 3-0 and are just waiting for the half time whistle to blow. They concede a stupid goal, fair enogu a 2 goal cushion should not be an issue to defend. No aschalke decide to conced another 4 in the 2nd half :-). Looking forward to seeing United in this state in a few years.

1726864302611.jpeg

It happens. Huddersfield were the kings of English football back in the 1930s. Or Wolves in the 1950s. Spurs; double winners in 1961, couldn’t win an argument these days. Eras of dominance come to an end. Look at the dips; one league title in 34 years. Or our lovely neighbours; no title in 11 years. How many did they win in the previous 11? The decline can be slow and painful, we know all about that.

It happens. Huddersfield were the kings of English football back in the 1930s. Or Wolves in the 1950s. Spurs; double winners in 1961, couldn’t win an argument these days. Eras of dominance come to an end. Look at the dips; one league title in 34 years. Or our lovely neighbours; no title in 11 years. How many did they win in the previous 11? The decline can be slow and painful, we know all about that.

Where they good to see in the flesh that Huddersfield side Jim? How good compared to todays elite sides I mean :)

Yes, Sunderland won the title six times in the time it took united to win it twice and liverpool three times. These history clubs need to check their history.

I saw a post on Facebook earlier today about Portsmouth FC.
I never knew that they won Division One in consecutive seasons in 1948/9 and 49/50.
And have done virtually fuck all since then.
'Play up Pompey '

Trying to put kids to sleep I was bored and started watching Bundesliga 2. Just realising how the might have fallen with both Hamburg ans Schalke slumming it in B2 for several seasons. Schalke are not even slumming it that well.

In the match I was watching Schalke were playing at home to Darmstadt (a team thst had yet to win this season). Schalke raise to 3-0 and are just waiting for the half time whistle to blow. They concede a stupid goal, fair enogu a 2 goal cushion should not be an issue to defend. No aschalke decide to conced another 4 in the 2nd half :-). Looking forward to seeing United in this state in a few years.

View attachment 132403
I watched the second half of the game.... typical City are alive & well in Germany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.