How to Make A Post on Facebook Using Your Web Browser in Only Seven Steps!

BlueMoonAcrossThePond

Team supported
Manchester City
Step 1.
Open your browser and log into Facebook.

Step 2.
Search Facebook methodically for a "post" button or option - nope! Continue to Step 3.

Step 3.
Google, "How do I make a fucking post on Facebook!"

Step 4.
Search result found. Just click on your "news feed" and then on "make a post."

Step 5.
WTF is my "news feed"? And where in hell is "make a post"?

Step 6.
Give up on obviously outdated instructions found on Google. Start random click-though of Facebook buttons.

Step 6a (Optional).
Start swearing loudly and throw your keyboard across the room in frustration.

Step 7.
Eurika!

Just click on, "What's on your mind?"

How obvious!

Why on earth didn't I think of that?

What a beautifully intuitive interface!!!
===
Edit:
With any luck at all, Facebook Threads will die and we won't be subject to this Godawful user interface design when looking for a Twitter alternative.

And you know what?... in 3 months time or so, Facebook will change their interface once more and make it even more user friendly. At which point steps 1-7 above will no longer work.

Last edited:
it would be just as bad
Maybe... maybe not.

I remember when Apple Macintosh was first released. Due to its popularity, menu driven user interfaces became the norm.

In that era I could pick up literally any - *any* - program whatsoever and immediately start using it with no problem whatsoever so long as I had an inkling of the subject matter - painting, word processing, gaming, spreadsheets, databases, modem control, whatever... all obvious and intuitive.

Fast forward to 2005 or so when human factors and user interface design became a discipline. How this seemed to work is that they'd round up the luddites and the village idiots from Quaker enclaves and use them to solicit user interface design input. And bingo - a new, "much more intuitive" interface emerged.

I vividly recall when I opened Microsoft Word in that timeframe - and for the first time ever - had no fucking clue as to how I was supposed to perform basic tasks such as saving my file to disk.
===
My dislike for Facebook though, goes way beyond their poor application design. Facebook is out to make a buck so long as it's legal, even if it inconveniences their users.

I'm not sure if this is still a thing... but when I first began using Facebook 8 years or so ago, I was flooded with friend suggestions, notifications of posts from friends, and all sorts of other emails from Facebook. I literally had 100's of messages or more (much more?) per week - all Facebook spam. Consequently, I configured my email provider to place all Facebook messages into my junk folder.

But then, revelations about how Facebook used personal user details emerged.

Last straw - fuck that. I deleted my Facebook account.
===
A year ago, or so, I opened a new Facebook account hoping that things had changed for the better. I'm not seeing the email spam I used to see - at the same time, the Facebook interface has degraded into near unusability for the first time user.
===
It would be trivially easy to design a much better, much more intuitive interface for Facebook.

At the same time, Facebook owns a monopoly on the social interaction space - and there's virtually no likelihood that they'll lose this monopoly any time soon.

So we're likely stuck with the greedy bastards, their horrible application design, and their predatory instincts for decades to come.

Last edited:
Maybe... maybe not.

I remember when Apple Macintosh was first released. Due to its popularity, menu driven user interfaces became the norm.

In that era I could pick up literally any - *any* - program whatsoever and immediately start using it with no problem whatsoever so long as I had an inkling of the subject matter - painting, word processing, gaming, spreadsheets, databases, modem control, whatever... all obvious and intuitive.

Fast forward to 2005 or so when human factors and user interface design became a discipline. How this seemed to work is that they'd round up the luddites and the village idiots from Quaker enclaves and use them to solicit user interface design input. And bingo - a new, "much more intuitive" interface emerged.

I vividly recall when I opened Microsoft Word in that timeframe - and for the first time ever - had no fucking clue as to how I was supposed to perform basic tasks such as saving my file to disk.
===
My dislike for Facebook though, goes way beyond their poor application design. Facebook is out to make a buck so long as it's legal, even if it inconveniences their users.

I'm not sure if this is still a thing... but when I first began using Facebook 8 years or so ago, I was flooded with friend suggestions, notifications of posts from friends, and all sorts of other emails from Facebook. I literally had 100's of messages or more (much more?) per week - all Facebook spam. Consequently, I configured my email provider to place all Facebook messages into my junk folder.

But then, revelations about how Facebook used personal user details emerged.

Last straw - fuck that. I deleted my Facebook account.
===
A year ago, or so, I opened a new Facebook account hoping that things had changed for the better. I'm not seeing the email spam I used to see - at the same time, the Facebook interface has degraded into near unusability for the first time user.
===
It would be trivially easy to design a much better, much more intuitive interface for Facebook.

At the same time, Facebook owns a monopoly on the social interaction space - and there's virtually no likelihood that they'll lose this monopoly any time soon.

So we're likely stuck with the greedy bastards, their horrible application design, and their predatory instincts for decades to come.
whilst the interface of any rival might be better, and lets face it, it would be difficult to make it worse, there would still be the insidious data mining, ad targeting, bullshit peddling crap because thats how they make money, and thats what its all about.

Rather than social media, a better name might be capitalism media.....do you think that might catch on?

Step 1.
Open your browser and log into Facebook.

Step 2.
Search Facebook methodically for a "post" button or option - nope! Continue to Step 3.

Step 3.
Google, "How do I make a fucking post on Facebook!"

Step 4.
Search result found. Just click on your "news feed" and then on "make a post."

Step 5.
WTF is my "news feed"? And where in hell is "make a post"?

Step 6.
Give up on obviously outdated instructions found on Google. Start random click-though of Facebook buttons.

Step 6a (Optional).
Start swearing loudly and throw your keyboard across the room in frustration.

Step 7.
Eurika!

Just click on, "What's on your mind?"

How obvious!

Why on earth didn't I think of that?

What a beautifully intuitive interface!!!
===
Edit:
With any luck at all, Facebook Threads will die and we won't be subject to this Godawful user interface design when looking for a Twitter alternative.

And you know what?... in 3 months time or so, Facebook will change their interface once more and make it even more user friendly. At which point steps 1-7 above will no longer work.
Now we all know what you had for lunch??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.