How was your holiday?

johnmc

To follow the “Where are you going....” thread. Early days but maybe some good reviews and funny stories as the summer rolls on.

Just back from a week in Cornwall with her in doors and the two nippers. Based in Looe in the South as had done most of the north the last few years so fancied a change. Nice town with Polperro next door which is also worth half a day at least. Lantic Bay and Talland Bay stunning little shingle coves with Lantic being a good 20 minute walk from any road or car park so pretty much unspoilt.

Found ourselves driving an hour back up north a couple of days for the surf and sand of Perranporth which is one of the best beaches I’ve been on when the sun shines.

Cornwall is great when you get the weather and we struck lucky.

If you haven’t been that part of the world it’s well worth it. Yes it’s a long fucking drive mind.

Fucking brilliant - Playa de las Americas for a week from 16th June......... me the Mrs the two kids and their partners - probably a last family holiday, great weather, great food, a bit of drink. start of the World Cup absolutely loved it.

Was excellent a lovely chilled week in Bulgaria, back to the grindstone this week tho :-(

Recently done a cruise from Sydney to Fiji, a couple of tropical South Pacific Islands called Mystery Island and Lifou, then Hawaii, then Seattle, then Vancouver, then Victoria (Canada), followed by a flight down to Los Angeles then another cruise down to Mexico before flying back to Sydney.
The whole thing was 34 nights and absolutely brilliant.

The Ship had a full size street with Shops, Pub and Coffee Shop and Cinema at the end of it. Under that was an Ice Rink.

Favourite places were Canada and Waikiki in Hawaii which is beautiful (bastard Yanks have everything) :)

Another cruise to Singapore, Hong Kong & Bali coming up in August, retirement is great !

Recently done a cruise from Sydney to Fiji, a couple of tropical South Pacific Islands called Mystery Island and Lifou, then Hawaii, then Seattle, then Vancouver, then Victoria (Canada), followed by a flight down to Los Angeles then another cruise down to Mexico before flying back to Sydney.
The whole thing was 34 nights and absolutely brilliant.

The Ship had a full size street with Shops, Pub and Coffee Shop and Cinema at the end of it. Under that was an Ice Rink.

Favourite places were Canada and Waikiki in Hawaii which is beautiful (bastard Yanks have everything) :)

Another cruise to Singapore, Hong Kong & Bali coming up in August, retirement is great !

Sounds a dream bud

In perranporth since Friday, weather has been shocking Saturday and Sunday, Monday was better, nipped down to lands end Monday, had a nice walk to senna cove for some fish and chips. Weather brilliant today, set up camp on the beach, bit of surfing and a pasty and ice cream for lunch. Got to agree, that there is no better place IF you drop on with decent weather. Hopefully the rest of the week will be decent.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I started the 'where are you going thread' so I feel I must contribute... :)
Anyway 3.5 weeks in Mijas Pueblo Spain
Fantastic, been for the last 4 years and it's superb, some great restaurants and even an authentic Spanish pub to watch the world cup, roll on next year...
Oh Rome and Florence, 10 days in October ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.