How're we performing at youth level (U13 - 17?)

Blue Smarties

Just a quick one, been searching for a good 15 minutes now. Quickly, can someone tell me how well our lower age groups are performing? I think I read we're doing quite well and picking up numerous trophies/awards?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news/2014/June/Mark-Allen-end-of-season-review-part-I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news ... iew-part-I</a>

In the past 12 months, City’s youth sides have gathered numerous cups and national titles in what has been perhaps the most successful year yet for the Academy.

With the bar raised yet again, Allen is now looking to top those achievements by ensuring the various age groups come back stronger and more determined to top their collective successes.

“It all started with the under-12s who won their National Championship and were then selected by the Premier League to go and represent the UK in the Belgium Truce Tournament just before Christmas. They gave a fantastic account of themselves both on and off the pitch and really put us on the map for the season.

“That was quickly followed by the under-13s who got to the national final and unfortunately lost theirs on penalties.

“The u-14s won their title convincingly and the under-15s went to Bulgaria and won a tournament and the under-11s beat Ajax, Cardiff, Arsenal, Fulham and then Chelsea to claim another trophy - it’s been an absolutely fantastic year.”

The achievements of City’s stylish under-18s have been well-documented, as a young side displaying attacking vibrancy and tactical nous stormed to the Northern Division Premier League title.

“The Under-18s winning the league was a great reward and a bit of justice for how well I think the team has played this year, “he said.

“But I think the most significant highlight was listening to one of our under-11s stand up and speak in in front of a packed audience in Belgium when we were paying tribute to people who lost their lives in WWII. It was a fantastic moment to see how developed and advanced our under-11s are.”

Excellence at Club level has been matched by a record-breaking achievement at international level, when City became the first club to ever see seven boys capped at England under-16 level in a single season.

Cameron McCulloch, Joshua Murray, Elan Assiana, Sadou Diallo, Will Patching, Cameron Humphries and Lukas Nmecha created history by all featuring for England this term.

This can't be right, according to the Rag media, we're not interested in youth..

BlueDejong said:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news/2014/June/Mark-Allen-end-of-season-review-part-I

In the past 12 months, City’s youth sides have gathered numerous cups and national titles in what has been perhaps the most successful year yet for the Academy.

With the bar raised yet again, Allen is now looking to top those achievements by ensuring the various age groups come back stronger and more determined to top their collective successes.

“It all started with the under-12s who won their National Championship and were then selected by the Premier League to go and represent the UK in the Belgium Truce Tournament just before Christmas. They gave a fantastic account of themselves both on and off the pitch and really put us on the map for the season.

“That was quickly followed by the under-13s who got to the national final and unfortunately lost theirs on penalties.

“The u-14s won their title convincingly and the under-15s went to Bulgaria and won a tournament and the under-11s beat Ajax, Cardiff, Arsenal, Fulham and then Chelsea to claim another trophy - it’s been an absolutely fantastic year.”

The achievements of City’s stylish under-18s have been well-documented, as a young side displaying attacking vibrancy and tactical nous stormed to the Northern Division Premier League title.

“The Under-18s winning the league was a great reward and a bit of justice for how well I think the team has played this year, “he said.

“But I think the most significant highlight was listening to one of our under-11s stand up and speak in in front of a packed audience in Belgium when we were paying tribute to people who lost their lives in WWII. It was a fantastic moment to see how developed and advanced our under-11s are.”

Excellence at Club level has been matched by a record-breaking achievement at international level, when City became the first club to ever see seven boys capped at England under-16 level in a single season.

Cameron McCulloch, Joshua Murray, Elan Assiana, Sadou Diallo, Will Patching, Cameron Humphries and Lukas Nmecha created history by all featuring for England this term.
Clearly my research skills aren't to the required standard, thanks a lot!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.