Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva Sane and Sterling should be rested for this game.

______________Bravo_______________

Zab___Kompany__Stones___Delph

_______Fernando_Garcia___________

Navas________Nacho________Nolito

_____________Aguero______________
Loads of players who haven't played for ages let alone together,i can't see that and we need a creater in the middle or sergio will get no service

Zab___Kompany__Kolorov___Clichey

Navas________Diaz________Nolito

_____________Nacho______________

Bravo
Zabaleta Kompany Otamendi Clichy
Fernando Fernandinho
Navas Silva Nolito
Aguero

Zab___Kompany__Kolorov___Clichey

Navas________Diaz________Nolito

_____________Nacho______________
Throw Sancho and Foden in for Navas and Nolito and Stones for Kolarov (need Kolarov against Monaco) and the job is a good 'un.

Hello there, Town fan here.

Looking forward to Saturday - not least because it should hopefully be a bit more relaxing than a league game where we always need the points. Should be a decent atmosphere - with you selling out and the Town fans selling out (though how many plastics,who don't bother to do the Rotherham home games on Tuesday nights, show up remains to be seen).

I would be surprised if Wagner played a full strength side, ahead of what is a more important game vs Reading. Mooy obviously can't play. My best guess at our team would be:
Coleman
Cranie Stankovic Hudson Holmes-Dennis
Billing Whitehead
Lolley Payne Van la Parra
Quaner

I'd expect you to be resting some of your key players too ahead of your game vs Monaco.

The club is absolutely flying at the moment. We've won six in a row in all competitions. This includes last nights last gasp win, we're one of your former youngsters Tommy Smith popped up and struck a half volley home from the edge of the box to send the Town fans wild. We're doing all this in a season where spending in the Championship has gone barmy - Villa have spent about £80mil on players this season!! I like to think that we're an example of how running a football club well is better than stupidly splashing the cash about. We play a good brand of football, all thanks to Wagner - who has helped transform this club. He really is destined for big things - and I hope it is with us. Our good style means more pre teams trust us to develop their players - you loaned us Mooy, Chelsea loaned us Palmer and Brown. If we do somehow get promoted - no man would deserve it more than our chairman Dean Hoyle - the man is a living legend. He's taken us from league one obscurity where we were sometimes getting crowds as low as 6000 (it was that bad) to fighting for automatic promotion in the championship. A self made, local boy - stuff of dreams!

Anyway enough gushing now - hope for a great game and atmosphere - and PLEASE not a draw - I think we could both do without that!!
Great post mate and welcome. You are doing well and good luck with getting promotion. Agree, neither club would welcome the draw, but hopefully we can put you out of your misery early doors and then rest some key players for Tues.

Huddersfield will be backed by a new 24,000+ stadium record football crowd in the FA Cup against Manchester City. [Huddersfield Examiner]

Great post mate and welcome. You are doing well and good luck with getting promotion. Agree, neither club would welcome the draw, but hopefully we can put you out of your misery early doors and then rest some key players for Tues.
Well hoping you don't batter us and break some of the confidence our event form has built up! It could well be a blessing in disguise if you beat us on Saturday, all of our promotion rivals are out of the cup so you could argue that we're at a disadvantage right now in that regard.

Saying that our squad is incredibly fit. So many games this season where we have been able to maintain the gegenpressing for the full ninety minutes and it has resulted in late winners/levellers: (off the top of my head)
Newcastle (A) - late winner
Villa (A) late equaliser
Leeds (H) late winner
Burton (A) late winner
Rotherham (A) late winner
Barnsley (H) late winner
Derby (H) late winner
Wigan (A) late winner
Blackburn (H) late equaliser

It isn't by pure chance that this has happened - we are a lot fitter than most teams. Last night Rovrum were dead on their feet for the last fifteen whilst we were still playing with a high intensity. Will probably account for less vs prem teams such as yourselves mind.

Anyway, my very long winded point is I feel our squad is fit enough to cope with a heavy fixture list and still maintain our gegenpressing style - but I would still rest our key players vs you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.