Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season was a real eye opener for Pep. I don't think he was used to "lesser" sides taking points off his team(s), and he probably did go into games thinking all we had to do was turn up and we'd bag the points. That's not the case anymore. Thie season, it's a case of don't fear anyone but don't go into any game ill prepared, assuming we'll turn them over. If you offered me a 1-0 win right now, I'd take it. Huddersfield will be well up for this, make no mistake. You saw what happened when our lovely quiet neighbours swaggered out there a few weeks back. And I think I heard/read that Wagner has an idea how to lessen our threat. Go out with the right attitude and we shouldn't go too far wrong.
Yes totally agree. Pep learnt his lessons last year and I think those types of performances are behind us. There’s always a chance we don’t play well, but I think we will have far too much for them. I’d take any kind of result though.

Comparing a cup game where we had Bravo, zabaleta, Kolorov, Fernando, Navas and Nolito playing is like comparing apples and pears.

I watched Huddersfield get taken apart by Spurs. They were just too quick for them. We will be the same I'm sure.

When you think about it, why shouldn't fruit be compared with other fruit? What else is it fair to compare it to? Dolphins?

I woke up this morning with an instinctive feeling that this would be another professional 0-2 away job. Now we'll see.

h
Comparing a cup game where we had Bravo, zabaleta, Kolorov, Fernando, Navas and Nolito playing is like comparing apples and pears.

I watched Huddersfield get taken apart by Spurs. They were just too quick for them. We will be the same I'm sure.
hope your right mate, i just cant shake "the old city" tag, always fear the worse me, lol

We will move the ball to quickly for them today. It may take until the last 20 mins but we will beat these comfortably. I generally hate these Sky placed fixtures, last on a Sunday or those early lunchtime efforts on a Saturday, something never seems quite right about how we play. But I think we will be fine today

Win today and we've affectively taken, spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea out of the race, arsenal are to far away, just the rags to go.

Spurs are still in it as they could take 6 points off us, Chelsea are still in it due to fact that they've played the hardest games out of anyone so you can't rule them out yet either. So Only Arsenal and Liverpool are out of the race at the moment. Hopefully we can nail Spurs and the rags to end their hopes in the next few weeks. Which then leaves us with Chelsea, I'm expecting them to go on a least a 10 games winning streak from now to something like end of Jan so our points advantage can be eroded if we take the foot off the gas in a couple of games.

Some fans are becoming quite raggy in their arrogance.

We won the League from 8pts behind with a month to go, yet some people have already plugged in the engraver for the trophy presentation.

It is a loooooong season and we need to take care of business one game at a time, exploiting every possible weekend where our main competitors drop points. The 8pts is really 9 if you include GD, but right now it is only 5pts, which is a couple of bad games!

Let’s reel it in a bit there, fellas, and just enjoy watching the best football ever seen in the Premier League and hope it pays the dividends it should.

Long way to go blues in the season, and huddersfield gave us a very hard game last time out in the cup match. They will probably make it extremely difficult again today so it may be a game where persistance and patience is needed.

When you think about it, why shouldn't fruit be compared with other fruit? What else is it fair to compare it to? Dolphins?

I woke up this morning with an instinctive feeling that this would be another professional 0-2 away job. Now we'll see.

I think the wrong metaphor is in use here, it's like comparing apples with apples is the accurate metaphor. I would suggest Chalk and Cheese is more accurate in your analogy

And while I'm on it wtf is "home and hosed" all about !!!! It's "home and dry" it's not big and it's not clever.....it's down right ridiculous

Rant over, City to win 3 - 1

heads up for Vincent Company...the only man that I would ask my kids to aspire to be ahead of any City player since i srtarted to support them in 1969

no other role model in sport comes close
You took some stick mate, not because it's a spelling mistake but because if you wish your son to aspire to be Vincent, because he's your favourite role model in many a year, it's probably the minimum requirement to spell his name correctly, even more so if he attempts to google him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.