Huddersfield (H) - Sun 7th Jan, 14:00 | FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and their first(or 2nd) 11 will receive a caning if we score early and keep going at them. But the magic of the FA Cup is for smaller clubs upsetting the big clubs and getting a win. Glad they've sold their allocation, they'll make plenty of noise cheering them on. It's not too many years ago we used to get knocked out home or away most often before the 5th round. But going to games back then never had us feeling that we had no chance, well not often. A good away day with a good sing song with a few beers is good for the soul: )

Let's hope Hudders fans have a post match drink to drown their sorrows without any bother.
Amen. The last two times we’ve met them in the FA Cup we needed a replay to go through, two replays in 1988. Better go get the foil glued round that cardboard cutout FA Cup and press my rosette…

Does KDB get any game time ?
My fantasy team is waiting on his return.
Another cleansheet would be Nice CTID

Expect a lively away following, big allocation and short trip. Hopefully they wont have too much to cheer about. Hard not to remember the 10-1 game in 1987, their fans were class that day.

Does KDB get any game time ?
My fantasy team is waiting on his return.
Another cleansheet would be Nice CTID
Him warming up today was a good sign that he'll be playing sooner than later. I'd like to see him come on 2nd half against Huddersfield for 15-20 minutes because we have to drip feed him minutes before he gets up to full match fitness, cant be rushing things and aggregating his recent injury. If he gets on the pitch i think Hudders players will be to knackered and demoralised to try and tackle our Kev. Really looking forward to seeing him in action again because we need him back to full fitness alongside Haaland Doku and Stones.

Players who are highly likely to start:

Ortega, Lewis, Gvardiol, Dias, Kovacic, Nunes and Bobb.

Another 4 players who might start: Grealish, Alvarez, Foden and Ajanji/Ake. Rodri and Bernardo to be rested.

If we are 2 goals up, KDB may play 15 minutes.

Ortega
Lewis
Dias
Gvardiol
Gomez
Phillips
Kovacic
Kdb
Nunes
Bobb
Alvarez

As much rotation as possible. Phillips farewell appearance perhaps? We shouldn't be letting him go before we've got a replacement lined up, I suspect that won't happen though so he may be gone already. Won't be the same intensity in this game as you'll see in the league so if kdb's ready 45 minutes maybe upto an hour here would be a nice reintroduction. If it's too early for him fine, no rush.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.