Huddlestones goal

dave_blue12

Should definitely have been disallowed !

Gallas goes for the ball when in an offside position, only missing the ball by a fraction, possibly distracting the goalkeeper and so must be deemed as active

Very poor decision !

If it was Tevez not Huddlestone how would you feel about the goal? Honestly? You all hate Spurs so you're bound to think it wasn't a goal and we're jammy etc etc. To be honest I'm not sure as I'm biased I think it's a goal but obv I'm biased. The rules state that you're active if you a-touch the ball, or b- block keeper's line of sight. gallas did neither. Therefore goal stood.

Shouldn't of counted. How can Gallas be called 'inactive' if he's sticking his leg out trying to knock it in. Wrong decision regardless of what team it is. Shearer was talking absolute crap.

Guest User said:
Shouldn't of counted. How can Gallas be called 'inactive' if he's sticking his leg out trying to knock it in. Wrong decision regardless of what team it is. Shearer was talking absolute crap.
because he doesn't get near the ball and he's nowhere near the keeper! You know if it was City you'd be saying the goal was legit

Spurs fan in peace said:
Guest User said:
because he doesn't get near the ball and he's nowhere near the keeper! You know if it was City you'd be saying the goal was legit

It's not a goal. The keeper can't try to make the save until the balls past Gallas, if you'd ever played in goal you'd know this. What Gallas did was akin to a dummy, therefore he's active and offside.

Spurs fan in peace said:
If it was Tevez not Huddlestone how would you feel about the goal? Honestly? You all hate Spurs so you're bound to think it wasn't a goal and we're jammy etc etc. To be honest I'm not sure as I'm biased I think it's a goal but obv I'm biased. The rules state that you're active if you a-touch the ball, or b- block keeper's line of sight. gallas did neither. Therefore goal stood.

That's not quite true. You don't have to touch the ball to be active. Making a gesture towards the ball that could deceive or distract an opponent also makes a player active... Whether or not Schwarzer was distracted by Gallas's swing for the ball is irrelevant; attempting to play the ball makes him active.

Interestingly, I think it was Mike Dean that made exactly the same decision in the City vs. Blackburn game a few years back, when Dunn made an attempt to head the ball in front of Hart in an offside position, but didn't connect. It was flagged offside and he overruled it.

He's consistent, at least, to give him that.

Spurs fan in peace said:

Show me the rule where it stars that

I'd be very surprised if you can !!!

Few times this was called offside during the World Cup, I recall it happened to the Dutch on numerous occasions with guys like van Persie in front of/screening the keeper.

We're ruining football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.