Huge Bang/Noise 2am

I'm in Swinton too, I was already awake because rain floods my cellar so I just don't sleep when it rains anymore. It was defo thunder, it followed the brightest lightning I've ever seen.

rickmcfc said:
LoveCity said:
About half an hour ago I saw a very light flash then the sound of what I believe was thunder seconds later. In Bury/Whitefield area here.

Maybe it was thunder, just didn't sound like it. Also hasn't done it again, and it wasn't cloudy when it happened. Also the lightning radar website hasn't picked any lightning strikes up. Nearest strike was near Anglesey.

Hmm, intriguing.. I'm in unsworth/whitefield and I was just near the front door about to go upstairs when there was a HUGE bright flash that lit up the hall (ive a porch that's mostly glass with glass in the front door). By the time I got to the top of the stairs there was a long rumble of thunder but thought it was a bit weird as I was expecting it to be louder. It did piss it down just before/after can't remember which.

quiet_riot said:
I'm in Swinton too, I was already awake because rain floods my cellar so I just don't sleep when it rains anymore. It was defo thunder, it followed the brightest lightning I've ever seen.

A lad at work has just said the same thing about the lightning. He said it was that bright through his curtains that it was like a camera flash going off in your face. he reckons he would've done some damage to his eyes if he'd been looking out of the window when it happened.

crashed_ufo.jpg

CTID_92 said:
rickmcfc said:
CTID_92 said:
I've got headphones on an I heard a bang cos I went an checked me little brother hadn't got up.

Scared the shit out if us. Pretty certain it wasn't thunder. Sounded like a sonic boom or something. Can't believe more people didn't hear it!!!
Few people on my twitter TL have been going on about thunder and someone mentioned seeing a flasher?
whoops i was really drunk last night....sorry wont do it again! ;)

woke me up in Stretford about 3 am and my girlfriend too. Did it go on for about 30 seconds. Didnt seem like thunder. i am suprised this has not had more coverage.

whats platt doing said:
woke me up in Stretford about 3 am and my girlfriend too. Did it go on for about 30 seconds. Didnt seem like thunder. i am suprised this has not had more coverage.

some young woman weather girl with huge norks said:
"meanwhile up north there will be brief heavy showers with possible thunder and lightening"

i know its hard, no not that!!!! stop staring at her boobs and listen to her!

Don't think I've ever seen lightening like that. Normally, it's just a flash but it was like the whole sky was lit up.

Didn't hear the thunder though as I had the NFL on full blast to annoy the neighbours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.