Huge wasps

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Something like this

1718524916964.png

Had 5 of these big buggers in our kitchen over the last 2 weeks, quite interesting and about 2 inches in length. Not too bothered about them as such as they dont appear to eat humans but concerned about where they are coming from and how are they getting in.....never seen them before but apparently are pretty common and widespread, just a bit scary when first seen them

Yup that’s what I was going to suggest, get it reported before they kill all our local bees
I don’t think the European hornet is the concern. The Asian one, however, is a significant threat to the bee population. Don’t know which one the original picture is.

Yup that’s what I was going to suggest, get it reported before they kill all our local bees
The European Hornet poses no threat to UK ecosystems or bees. It's the Asian Hornet that is a significant threat to beekeeping and honey production across Europe.

Is it even a wasp? I had one in my house in 2019 BTW (in Cork). He seemed sound like.
Screenshot_20240616_095732_Photos.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.