Hughes deserves better, we deserve better

Adebayor - just get rid of him after that.. Looks like he doesn't want to play for us...

Robinho - just back from injury.. Maybe Petrov would've been a better option...

De Jong - just back from SWINE FLU.. Kompany should've been selected ahead of him...

Ireland - '' shouldn't be playing '' What game did you watch ?? When he went inside , he was our best player...

All very well saying players the same attitude as Richards , but Richards is crap... He can go with Adebayor....

Hughes's problem he's not got the bottle to drop either Tevez or Adebayor for away games.. In my opinion , Ade shoud've been left on the bench with Robbie , Tevez up top with Petrov left and Wiess on the right.. That way the balance is there.. There was nobody on our right hand side.......

ayrshire_blue said:
thepole said:
Comical.

I expected a knee jerk reaction to this result, but some of the stuff is taking the piss.

Tell me which part you disagree with.

Do you think Ireland was good? Or do you think Micah was lazy?

I think Ireland didn't have his best game but showed glimpses of what he is capable of and certainly think he should have started. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, just because someone doesn't have a good game doesn't mean it was a bad decision to start him.

And yes, Micah is very lazy, and seemed to think he was a CF at times today. Kolo spent most of the game covering for him.

Barry, Ireland (when he was allowed to play in his actual position) and Micah were ok tonight. Yes, we were shit - no shape, no-one on the right (where the fuck was Vlad?) and little passion - but some of the slagging off of some players is uncalled for.

I reckon Hughes would be sacked tomorrow if we didn't have 4 - what should be - piss easy wins ( Sunderland, Stoke, Wolves and Blackburn) on the bounce. He's looking more and more out of his depth. Now even if we win our game in hand we are only 6th. To not get Champions league, especially this season, would be an epic failure.

mcfc_nick said:
its fucking blatantly obvious who's fault it was tonight and thats the fucking managers, we have SWP out tonight so why fucking mess about with the system when youve got an orthodox right winger sat on the fucking bench!! just takes away all the width which causes the likes of Ade to play shit because 1) he has no service and 2) hes being forced to pull out wide right almost every single time and try to create some width for us. For me it was fucking blatantly obvious at half time, take off barry/de jong and bring weiss on to see if we can get some proper shape. Absolute joke of a manager, HUGHES OUT!!

A very sound observation. I think Richards had been told to get forward, but was always looking over his shoulder because there was no cover.

On the left side, Sylvinho shouldn't have started. Barry can paly left back and Robinho is wasted out wide, he could have come inside and Petrov on the wing position.

But, whatever. Change was obviously needed, bringing on RSC for Robbie was a mistake. Hughes got anxious and went for his old talisman from his Blackburn days. That's the only expalnation I can see for that substitution.

For 30minutes and up until the goal we passed ok but seemed reluctant to shoot and the final ball got intercepted.

From the 1st goal to half time we then became a different side and were lucky to keep it to just one at that stage.

Whatever Hughes said at half time clearly went on deaf ears, as the team came out disorganised and dis-interested. Only when two down was there any tactical movement from the bench, which was too little too late.

At times the players play like total strangers, seemingly unaware of what roles they have been given for each game. Now and again the team clicks but those performances are in the minority. Its looking like Hughes isnt able to make key decisions tactically mid-game when needed nor get the best out of the players in the correct positions he has at his disposal.

If Hughes is going to go then the scenario is set for a great manager as when Mourinho took over from Ranieri, when Ranieri set up a group of players and then Mourinho took them a step further. So its not all doom and gloom but this result certainly puts us into perspective,are we ready for the next step?

ayrshire_blue said:
What has Mark Hughes meant to do? He's signed a team full of world class players and a few of them have decided they couldn't give a feck. He put out the strongest team possible tonight, and they didn't provide.

Adebayor - can't head, can't pass, can't tackle, certainly can't shoot, can't put in effort, can't get past defenders. Must be dropped and RSC given a fair chance i.e. 5 or 6 full games.

Robinho - Wasn't his fault, what you see is what you get with him. I'd rather have Bellamy playing the likes of tonight, too bad he was suspended.

Ireland - Shouldn't be playing. He's lost it big time.

De Jong - I am a huge supporter of this guy, but he was hopeless tonight. Caught on the ball constantly.

Barry - Set pieces and overall creativity is disgracefull. Why did we sign him again? Oh aye he was great with Villa, but now he's trebled his cash he couldn't give a shit.

We need players with the mentality of Micah Richards, SWP, Bellamy, Tevez, De Jong, Sylvinho etc in our side. Winners. They WANT to win, most of the others couldn't give a shit.

You were going so well and then you mentoned Sylvinho!

If Hughes is going to go then the scenario is set for a great manager as when Mourinho took over from Ranieri, when Ranieri set up a group of players and then Mourinho took them a step further. So its not all doom and gloom but this result certainly puts us into perspective,are we ready for the next step?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.